Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Hurting with K/Q

The most people who have little left raise with garbarge to buy the pot. A minority plays tighter and tries to save money and some play just the same. But almost everyone i encountered so far that raises with only a few $ left was way more aggressive than usual.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:46 AM

eh id give it a 3/10
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 AM

I think this is an easy turn cap. You are behind AK, K7, K2, 77. Unless BB is playing crazy he doesn't have K7 or K2.

Clearly aces are 3-betting you on this turn. As are KJ/KT both of which I would 3-bet from the BB. I would imagine queens/jacks are probably as well. And worse hands. The fact that this is a battle of the blinds and that BB is stacking off makes me inclined to put him all in.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:46 PM

looks fine without a PFR.

Sorry, I misread the preflop action. Slowdown on the turn.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:52 PM

I have noticed the same thing with my KQ... my biggest loser. It looks nice, but slick always seems to come and bully me. A month ago I would have played exactly the same way as you did, but now I might slow down on the turn. Just my two cents.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:09 PM

KQ is killing me as well, its the reddest (by a factor of 2) of all my red hands - I've had to re-examine seriously how I was playing it

EDIT: not that that has anything to do with the hand in the OP
Old 08-05-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Might want to slow down after BB 3bets the turn. Unless he's very aggressive, he could have AK here. 77 is possible also.

Also, I've noticed that on Party, people who run out their stack on a hand usually win, especially the first time they run out. Sometimes the second time, too. I think the site gives them a winning hand to keep them playing. I don't know if they do this on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're kidding.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed that on Party, people who run out their stack on a hand usually win, especially the first time they run out. Sometimes the second time, too. I think the site gives them a winning hand to keep them playing. I don't know if they do this on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]I hope you're kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have any exact figures, but it seems to me that people who are about to bust out, win the last hand they go all in on. I've even had it happen to me several times. On a table I was doing terrible on, getting bad cards, getting bad beats, just doing terrible, when I was on my last hand and went all in, I often, if not usually won that hand. And I am rarely in that situation, as if I realize my stack is running low, I reload so I have money to bet if I get a good hand. Out of the few times I have been in that situation, I have often won.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might want to slow down after BB 3bets the turn. Unless he's very aggressive, he could have AK here. 77 is possible also.

[/ QUOTE ]

And AA, QQ, JJ, TT, AQ, KQ, KJ,... I think you fear monsters under the bed here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly doubt these hands are 3betting here unless they are super LAG. Hero check/call, check/raised...the monster meter goes off like crazy in my head when somebody pulls that on me.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed that on Party, people who run out their stack on a hand usually win, especially the first time they run out. Sometimes the second time, too. I think the site gives them a winning hand to keep them playing. I don't know if they do this on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]I hope you're kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have any exact figures, but it seems to me that people who are about to bust out, win the last hand they go all in on. I've even had it happen to me several times. On a table I was doing terrible on, getting bad cards, getting bad beats, just doing terrible, when I was on my last hand and went all in, I often, if not usually won that hand. And I am rarely in that situation, as if I realize my stack is running low, I reload so I have money to bet if I get a good hand. Out of the few times I have been in that situation, I have often won.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why not buy in with 10 BB's and go all in every hand?