Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: seemingly clear cut... or is it.

I'll agree with you that it's ugly, I'd expect to take it down with that bet most of the time and that I have the best hand. Checking the turn has it's merits, but beyond that your post is uninspiring and without any actual thought.

When you want to do more then boost your post count then return.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
decides to check which wasn't typical for Villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, this really here says it all. It's really transparent. And somehow you managed to put in 3 BB with a hand that's barely worth one SB.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:31 AM

A pause like that in last position can mean a lot more then you are giving it credit for. In this spot Villian was high percentage to bet a T or an Ace and bet it pretty quickly without thought.

Villian did not have ATo+,TT,or AA. He might have had 55, or A5 but only one of those is reraising the turn especially since AX both clubs is out of the question.

Just as likely for a pause is some pocket pair, some gutshot or just deciding whether or not to take a stab.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Strange Results....

I had dug myself in this far, and I was so positive on the turn that he had 2 clubs that I stuck with this read on the river. But which two clubs...? When the board paired I nearly folded without thought but then decided as depicted in the other posts he would often check K,Q,or J high and mostly bet either a strangely played full house or the hand I thought he had most of the time 23c,24c,34c with something like 35c. I thought the other club combinations besides K5c, Q5c, or J5c were very unlikely to be even thinking about a stab on the flop and for reasons above would have more showdown value and probably just give up.

Why did I think he'd have those hands most of the time? It made perfect sense that was the hand he'd pause and decide whether to take a free card with on the flop and then take a stab at on the turn and especially if he didn't buy I had a T or an Ace since he'd have quite a few ways to improve.

I didn't take any time to consider a raise, but called excited that 7 high could be good after my pause and......

he had 23c MHWG.

This hand was ugly, but I thought the thought processes here were interesting and if you think about what villian most likely has it becomes even more interesting then "fold i'm done"

I was going to just drop this ugly hand and hope I never play one like it, but I've been chided to post the results.