Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Home Game host creaped me out

You should have absolutely NO PROBLEM

I run these type of events once in a while for friends and so long as you don't charge a rake, a cover or anything for the services/products you provide (like selling pop/snacks etc...) - you will have NO PROBLEM.

I ran a 2+2 game a little while back at my place (essentially what you want to do) - and a bunch of people I didn't know were invited to my place for a night of small stakes poker. Not only did we have a good time and get to meet new people - there was never even the remote possibility that anyone would get in to trouble - because no one was profitting from the game as an external entity (non-player).

Let me know if you are still having trouble and be sure to invite your 2+2 friends to the game once you run it!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should have absolutely NO PROBLEM

I run these type of events once in a while for friends and so long as you don't charge a rake, a cover or anything for the services/products you provide (like selling pop/snacks etc...) - you will have NO PROBLEM.

I ran a 2+2 game a little while back at my place (essentially what you want to do) - and a bunch of people I didn't know were invited to my place for a night of small stakes poker. Not only did we have a good time and get to meet new people - there was never even the remote possibility that anyone would get in to trouble - because no one was profitting from the game as an external entity (non-player).

Let me know if you are still having trouble and be sure to invite your 2+2 friends to the game once you run it!

[/ QUOTE ]
2+2 friends?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Yeah. You must have made SOME friends in your many, many incarnations/screen names.

If you haven't, you may want to start (at least so you can get some poker action going). A great way to make new friends is invite them over for a game of poker with some free drinks/food. Hey.... Sounds like something you were planning on doing anyway....
Old 08-03-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. You must have made SOME friends in your many, many incarnations/screen names.

If you haven't, you may want to start (at least so you can get some poker action going). A great way to make new friends is invite them over for a game of poker with some free drinks/food. Hey.... Sounds like something you were planning on doing anyway....

[/ QUOTE ]
Making friends on the Internet?...hummm well that's would be a frist but not a bad idea. You see everyone hates me here since I think online Poker is rigged. Do you know how many times I lost a PP preflop all-in to a lower PP hitting runner-runner straight?

Besides, I live in Montreal, not many people live close. I can organize a couple of $500 Buy-In tournament for 10 players at my place for 2+2ers without charging fee/rake. But would that really be possible? I would give free soft drinks, but that's about it. Anything else (wings, pizza) I would have to charge an extra $5/$10. Let me know how this can work.

Mike1ab/CanucksPoker
Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 PM

what do you mean not that many live close? There are 3 million people in Montreal (I am one of them). There are also at least 2 poker rooms that operate here.