Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 03:20 PM

Default HELP!! - a common situation where I misplay?

I often find myself in the situation below and I am unsure if the line I have been taking is correct:

- late in a 100/9 type mtt
- I have a relatively small stack (~12xbb)
- folded down to me at c/o or dealer position and dealt something like 55-99, A9-AJ, or KQ
- my image is aggressive (since I am relatively short, I usually have been pushing at least one or two times an orbit)
- the blinds are LAG (will call an allin w/ - these are my estimates, correct me if you think I am way off - kj- kq, 55-aa, a5-ak, and will reraise allin an late position standard bet with all the above range and more).
- both blinds have me covered

In the above situations, I find myself pushing most (if not all) of the time. I understand I have more than 10xbb and the pushing rule doesn't apply but I feel if I make a standard raise:
- it's very hard for me (I don't believe it's correct) to laydown to one of their allin reraises (which will happen frequently)
- when I do call an allin reraise, it's close to being a coinflip most of the time which is added volatity I don't need and would rather just push and take the blinds down
Also, I think folding/calling with these hands must be an mistake (w/o making a raise of some sort)

Alot of the points I've made are based on my intuition and I do not have any maths to back it up.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Also, what would you do with these range of hands if the blinds were unknowns?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: HELP!! - a common situation where I misplay?

bump once