Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2003, 12:13 AM

Default Truepoker is upgrading its main server Saturday at 9:00 am Eastern

In order to provide consistently good server access and smooth service to the growing number of players at Truepoker, we are upgrading our main server. This means it will be down for about an hour tomorrow morning at 9:00 am Eastern Daylight time.

We will be back up around 10:00 am Eastern Daylight time, 7:00 am Pacific Daylight time.

The improvement should help our Saturday TV freeroll register the expected 300 - 400 players more smoothly tomorrow night.

Thank you for your patience. We want to fix any potential capacity problems before they rise to be problems....

Truepoker CEO
Old 07-28-2003, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Truepoker is upgrading its main server Saturday at 9:00 am Eastern

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your patience. We want to fix any potential capacity problems before they rise to be problems....

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like having the server crash EVERY time 5 minutes into a free roll started, or that the free roll would start, and it would take another 15 minutes to seat the rest of the players?

Hopefully these improvements work.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Truepoker upgrade related to TV Freeroll tourneys

Generally, yes, seating for our popular tournaments was addressed ..

Truepoker runs $500 freerolls every Wednesday and Saturday after that TV show on the Travel Channel. We also run points entry torunaments 6 days per week, giving away $200 or so each time.

The response to our ads and freerolls have been enormous, so we thought we should upgrade to handle such things as seating to begin a tourney.

(Our site pulls players in directly to the tourney, some others let players wander in and find your assigned seat yourself. We would be interested in what players think of these two seating methods.)

Other concurrent site improvements were a gain in game speed for ring games and improved Sit & Go tournaments.

Truepoker CEO

Old 07-28-2003, 06:56 PM

Default Truepoke\'s server upgrade was LAST Saturday

The upgrade and server changes are completed. If anyone is having toruble downloading the last client upgrade, please go to the website, www.truepoker.com and download the software anew.

Thank you for your business.

Truepoker CEO
Old 07-28-2003, 11:13 PM

Don't mean to dog your site, I would love to see TP take off bigger. It is definitely my favorite place to play online, just a few things that could have improved, and some problems were becoming visible. More players would help make True a great place to play, as lack of selection of 3/6 and 5/10 games (and more fish elsewhere) have made me open accounts at other sites as well. Graphics make the game more exciting and less mechinical than other sites I have played at, and I enjoy the multi-table tournaments run at the site. One suggestion I might ask is that players be given TruePoints for tournament entries. I know some sites would award 5 points per $1 in Fee. The $$ added tournaments such as the Sunrise and $10,000 tournaments are a nice bonus instead.

Keep up the good work, keep up the ads in WPT, and may they bring lots of fish!
Old 07-29-2003, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Truepoker is upgrading its main server Saturday at 9:00 am Eastern

What does your site have more than 1 nl game going yet?
Old 07-30-2003, 11:36 PM

Improvements worked smoothly this week for the free roll. Well done!
Old 07-31-2003, 12:28 AM

Spoke too soon, 2 server "connection questionable"'s and a server disconnect (affected more than me, so I know it wasn't something on my end). Looks like another upgrade might be in order coming up.