Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 02:52 AM

Default ANIMAL

Converter seems to be a little out of whack so I edited some of it myself.

No real imporant reads on villian in this hand

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG Raises, two folds, hero calls, BB calls

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG raises, Hero calls.

I decide to go animal, this way if he has AK, AJ, or KJ I give myself a chance to win the showdown with a bet. Also it is really hard for him to continue with a hand like JJ or 99. If he 3 bets I back off and hope to river a hand.
Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets

This hand I noticed my opponent had an 11 post flop aggression over (only 31 hands but still), so I went with this line

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO raises, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero raises, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO calls.

Comments?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: ANIMAL

Way too much aggression in hand one, and I don't like the PF call to begin with. I don't really see the point of a flop CR. You turn and river line looks like major spewage. Every time he has you beat, he's going to get 3 bets out of you. If you just call the turn and fold the river UI, you only pay one.

PF is OK against an aggressive player. The only real question is the turn. I don't mind this play against an opponent that just can't help betting every time it's checked to him, but you have to know that's true because getting it checked behind here sux.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:08 AM

Hand 1 - I don't like the first hand at all. I'd rather lead and get raised and call on the flop. I think you put way too much money in the pot when you dont have a hand you can showdown unless you hit one of your outs, which still might not make you the nuts. On top of that, you don't have the odds to make your draw if you think you are behind on the flop.

Hand 2 - love it. That play against me always gets a nice player note "tricky" and I avoid the player in the future.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:21 AM

Hand 2 is interesting and after thinking about it, I really like it.

He is much more likely to raise the flop and lead the turn with marginal pairs like Jx and Tx than he is to raise a turn bet. Only problem with your line is you give him the opportunity to take a free card with Qx ont he turn.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:05 AM

I think calling a raise as first-in in the SB, with no limpers before the PFR, is generally a very bad play. Calling a UTG raise as first caller in the SB with KJo seems very unwise. Without a read, post-flop seems high risk low reward.

I'd 3-bet the KTs in SB against a CO open, but calling is better than folding.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM

Hand 1:
A little over aggro for my taste, I'm not sure he 3-bets flop with JJ or 99, or a weak draw (AJ) so I think you are most likely going to show down here unless he has KJ as well--on the upside there are some positive meta-game considerations IMO--you can now value turn raise or C/R for the rest of the session with the likelihood of getting called down.

Hand 2 -- I think this is a great line as that flop will hit many weaker hands that are good enough to showdown.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:18 AM

Hand 1 looks awful. Firstly calling a raise from an UTG raiser is a bad move. The check-raise on the flop is not going to help, and the turn raise is messy too

Hand 2 is better. I might 3-bet pre-flop against the CO raiser who could have any two cards and you're almost even money (or whatever) against AX.

I'd probably bet out on the turn and not get fancy... but it still worked out ok

Steve Griff
Old 08-04-2005, 01:23 PM

I believe both hands were 5 handed not 6 handed as the converted said. Does this change anything? or is hand 1 still played badly?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:46 PM

Hand 1 is still terrible.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Default results

Got away with murder on hand 1 and villian folded on the river

hand 2 villian had KQo and MHIG