Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Money question

Dear Two plus Two members,

I have recently been reading in magazines about PartyPoker. I am interested in opening an account. I am willing to deposit $5 into PartyPoker. Any suggestions on what games to play. I am in financial difficulties at the moment so was planning to try to turn my $5 into about $10,000 by the end of the year as a side income to my benefits. I have bad debts and really need to win this money.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Chris
Old 08-04-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Money question

your best bet
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 PM

I hope you are joking.

I know 3 things:

1) You cannot deposit only $5 into party poker. (I'm pretty sure $50 is the minimum.)

2) Judging you simply on this post, you know very little about the game and you will lose that $5 very quickly.

3) With your limited knowledge about the game, you will think that the $5 you just lost was bad luck and will then deposit another $5. You can wave good bye to that too.

Poker takes time, patience, and practice. If you are an amatuer who is desperate to win this money, you have already lost.

Parts of this response may seem a bit rude and insulting to you, but this right here is me being absolutely serious: If you have bad debts, then you cannot afford to lose a single dollar. Nobody wins in online poker right off the bat. To win consistently takes more knowledge and understanding about the game than you could even imagine. For somebody who is new to the online poker scene, turning $5 into $10,000 by the end of the year would take a miracle. It is in your best interests that you choose not to play. I think the majority of the posters on this forum will agree with what I have said. I hope you take this advice to heart.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:48 PM

The only way a person gets rich quickly is through the lottery. Everything else takes a lot of time. Everything else.

$5 into $10k in 5 months is not impossible, but even the best of poker players would find it difficult. All it takes is one bad beat at the start and you're out of luck.

Gambling is not the way to get out of debt. Get a job, if that's not enough get another job. Do not do what you hope to accomplish by turning $5 into your clean slate.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:40 PM

lol
Old 08-04-2005, 04:07 PM

I'll stake you! PM me for details!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Thank you for the replies.

I will try to watch more poker on television and read this forum. Ive spent a lot of time today reading this forum trying to learn. I will carry on reading this forum and with the dealer_toe offering to stake me i should be able to play both a good game with some dollars behind me.

Thank you again,

Chris
Old 08-04-2005, 05:50 PM

Old 08-04-2005, 06:01 PM

I'll buy 10% of your proposed $5 bankroll. If all goes like you say, I'll be a thousandaire!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
proposed $5 bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

These words look funny together.