Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Posting hands and line taken

Just wanted to bring up an issue I think is important and overlooked sometimes.

Although I don't post many hands, when I do I try to leave the line I took out of the original post. For instance if I'm not sure what to do on the turn, I will post all the action up to the point where it is my decision in question and then stop.

Especially for those grunching, I believe this will make you think more critically about your action and say what you really think. If the entire hand is posted and the OP simply asks "what about my turn action" people are more likely to accept the line taken or not think it through as throughly, thus defeating the purpose of your grunching.

This is sort of a follow up to the post about actualy discussing grunching, but I felt like it deserved its own thread.

Comments?
Sorry if this has already been brought up.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Posting hands and line taken

Yes, I agree with you fully. I think that this is really just an extention of not posting results - we don't want to let future events get in the way of analysis at the moment. I have tried to do this with the few hands I post, because quite simply I think it gets better answers. I also like people giving plans for the rest of the hand very much - it is great when experienced posters tell us their plans, depending on what cards come out, because in a way this is like them responding to 5/10 other hands, and giving a real insight as to what we should be thinking as we play each hand.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:42 AM

This is a good point, but it's not exactly a new problem.

This guy and this guy, among others, have had something to say about the matter.

I think the general quality of Micro posts is getting better lately, and I'd encourage relative newcomers to read through the linked posts for ideas on how to keep improving things.

Oh... and remember to omit final pot size and remove color tags if you're going to cut the hand off early -- it's alway funny when people take the time to edit their post but end with "...<font color="red"> hero ??? </font>."
Old 08-04-2005, 01:57 AM

i miss bison bison, although tiltahololic has the potential to write as well as he did. i agree that the posts here are getting better. reminding newbs like myself about good grunching and good hand posting can only help, and there should be a sticky or FAQ about it if there already isn't in order to point noobs in the right direction.

p.s. i realize that i myself am guilty of only having skimmed a couple of the FAQs but it would at least make it easier to find the link to refresh people's memories.

when i first dabbled in twoplustwo in january i was told to stear clear from micro and go straight to small stakes. i still read SS every now and then but micro is working great for the level at which I'm at.