Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: did i play this right

Feel free to be as argumentative as you like. (Without being a jerk) The arguing that goes on at 2+2 is what makes it good; not bad.

I don't want to belabor the point, so I'll just restate my position consisely. You can choose to disagree with me if you like, and that's fine.

I never open-limp KQo in EP (or any position, for that matter) at a 10-handed table. The reason isn't based on equity or pot odds or even EV direcly really. The reason is becasue 2-betting it makes my postflop situation better than open-limping does. If I'm sitting at a table where I feel that I can't open KQo for a raise, I'll fold it. (That's pretty uncommon, but it does happen when the game is extremely tough).

Another thing. I know that SSH categorizes the starting hands by the typical number of post-flop oppenents. I think that's an unfortunate shortcut. A very important consideration is how badly the opponents play postflop. That's the way I look at it. If I feel I can outplay the table, I'll come in to more pots. If I think I'm the sucker, I'm playing tight. There are exceptions, but that's a general rule. Bad players tend to come in to more pots than they should, and so categorizing the charts by 'typical players to the flop' is a circuitous way of categorizing the skill at the table, IMO.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to be as argumentative as you like. (Without being a jerk) The arguing that goes on at 2+2 is what makes it good; not bad.

I don't want to belabor the point, so I'll just restate my position consisely. You can choose to disagree with me if you like, and that's fine.

I never open-limp KQo in EP (or any position, for that matter) at a 10-handed table. The reason isn't based on equity or pot odds or even EV direcly really. The reason is becasue 2-betting it makes my postflop situation better than open-limping does. If I'm sitting at a table where I feel that I can't open KQo for a raise, I'll fold it. (That's pretty uncommon, but it does happen when the game is extremely tough).

Another thing. I know that SSH categorizes the starting hands by the typical number of post-flop oppenents. I think that's an unfortunate shortcut. A very important consideration is how badly the opponents play postflop. That's the way I look at it. If I feel I can outplay the table, I'll come in to more pots. If I think I'm the sucker, I'm playing tight. There are exceptions, but that's a general rule. Bad players tend to come in to more pots than they should, and so categorizing the charts by 'typical players to the flop' is a circuitous way of categorizing the skill at the table, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH grunch
Old 07-27-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't 3bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2005, 04:47 PM

I think its pretty clear that at the nano's you would raise KQo every time. Small Stakes also umbrellas games like 2/4 and 3/6 which have players on a different level than the micros/nanos. I think whether to raise or call with KQo at higher small stakes games is debatable, but not at the lower games. . . get the fish out.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:39 PM

How about an extremely loose game where your EP raise with KJo, ATo is going to be called by like 6 or more players. Both are too good to fold, no? And, would we definitely raise AJo, KQo in this spot because of our equity edge?

Any ideas why SSH has you calling AJo, KQo in EP; and ATo in MP, in "tight" games?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:48 PM

uhh I think you like your hand a bit too much. the smooth call flop/raise turn is a pretty strong move. I think you're likely behind. definitely don't 3bet the turn.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:57 PM

It appears to me that you are MP3 in which case No I wouldn't of posted the blind wait till it comes to you and know I wouldn't of folded on the flop. You should have called maybe raised.

Hang on then you say you know hero's cards. KQo Which one is the OP?