Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Scammed by a 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously just don't get it, I don't think I ever will, but I'd like to hear it if someone has a good explanation of why people do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people just suck as people.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:44 PM

So do I, but I don't steal when I have a surplus of it.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:52 PM

Probably a somewhat similar reason that I don't go exercise every day. I just don't wanna deal with it, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 08-03-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To ZebraAss or anyone else who would know:
Would anyone mind explaining the logic to me behind not paying up on a debt from your winnings ? I'm legitimately curious. I could somewhat see not paying up if you don't have the money... i.e. something terrible happened or you just lost it. But where does the idea come from for, "oh, I guess I just won't pay up." Then go to the extent of trying to disappear. I seriously just don't get it, I don't think I ever will, but I'd like to hear it if someone has a good explanation of why people do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also questioned him on an explanation in a PM. He failed to respond to that in the PM along with me telling him to give me a phone number I can reach him at. He ignored that question twice. I still have an ultimatum with him that he needs to contact me by phone in the next 7 hours and atleast start the transfers to me PP account.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably a somewhat similar reason that I don't go exercise every day. I just don't wanna deal with it, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

One's a crook...the other is just a lazy, no-good, noose-loving, Slob!

It's a subtle shading of difference [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Timeline...

Last week of March, Transfer from ChrisCo of 750.00. Was down to 55 within a day. Played one 33 and one 22 - Back up to 1k within 4 hours.
Week 1 - No steady improvement of bankroll, roughly 800.00
Week 2 - Recieved 750 from ChrisCo - Still hanging around 1300-1400 mark
Week 3 - ChrisCo goes on vacation. I play 600 SNG's just over 10 days. All break even. (Small winning % but MTT's killed it)
Week 4 - Mad run of MTT's and SNG's - Up to 5300 - I offered to end the staking deal. He declined by saying he would take the % down to 35 or something like that...
Week 5 and 6 - My life was on tilt...I played just about 90 Step 5's on a 4k bankroll starting bankroll(2k from my portion of the staking and 2k deposited from my bank account)- I transfered 3k into other account so he would still have his money there. I busted my step 5 account with a 1st place % of 3.28.
Week 7 - 10 - Slowly losing at the 55's. Win a bit and try to keep the run going by playing 109's or 2 tabling the 215...back to where i started. I had vacation for 2 weeks in that time period too. During this week I also made a thread about reviewing HH's. I looked over about 300 SNG's of my own and others play.
Week 11 - 12- Chris asks for bankroll back, threatens my life, yada yada yada... I say I cant but I will try to get it to you. He threatens my life, yada yada yada. I say fine ill give you what i can. Over past week i am +1,500 at the 55's and down 1500 at the 109's. Why I keep playing like an idiot...is beyond me.
Week 13 - "Scammed by a 2+2er" Which IMO has been long delayed.

Why I was playing the step 5's...you know the answer and I admit it...

Why he didnt demand the money when I was playing the step 5's...who knows, but who cares. All i want to do is get him he God Damn money.

Note: this was not edited so it has no factual value.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Timeline...

This seems like a pretty accurate acount of what happened IMO. ZebraAss you need to PM a screenshot of your account history so I can verify all the numbers. For all I know you might have had the roll up to 10k before you dropped it all by being an idiot playing the step 5s. In that case you would owe me A LOT more. I am no longer taking your word. You need proof to back it up.

And one more thing, I never threatened your life, and if I did, you deserved it and you know that. What you did is what douchebags do and now you are caught.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 PM

amazing, exactly the same as J_Lo's story [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Last week of March, Transfer from ChrisCo of 750.00. Was down to 55 within a day. Played one 33 and one 22 - Back up to 1k within 4 hours.
Week 1 - No steady improvement of bankroll, roughly 800.00
Week 2 - Recieved 750 from ChrisCo - Still hanging around 1300-1400 mark
Week 3 - ChrisCo goes on vacation. I play 600 SNG's just over 10 days. All break even. (Small winning % but MTT's killed it)
Week 4 - Mad run of MTT's and SNG's - Up to 5300 - I offered to end the staking deal. He declined by saying he would take the % down to 35 or something like that...
Week 5 and 6 - My life was on tilt...I played just about 90 Step 5's on a 4k bankroll starting bankroll(2k from my portion of the staking and 2k deposited from my bank account)- I transfered 3k into other account so he would still have his money there. I busted my step 5 account with a 1st place % of 3.28.
Week 7 - 10 - Slowly losing at the 55's. Win a bit and try to keep the run going by playing 109's or 2 tabling the 215...back to where i started. I had vacation for 2 weeks in that time period too. During this week I also made a thread about reviewing HH's. I looked over about 300 SNG's of my own and others play.
Week 11 - 12- Chris asks for bankroll back, threatens my life, yada yada yada... I say I cant but I will try to get it to you. He threatens my life, yada yada yada. I say fine ill give you what i can. Over past week i am +1,500 at the 55's and down 1500 at the 109's. Why I keep playing like an idiot...is beyond me.
Week 13 - "Scammed by a 2+2er" Which IMO has been long delayed.

Why I was playing the step 5's...you know the answer and I admit it...

Why he didnt demand the
money when I was playing the step 5's...who knows, but who cares. All i want to do is get him he God Damn money.

Note: this was not edited so it has no factual value.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2005, 10:13 PM

how was the chopping supposed to happen?
weekly? great article in the magazine about things like this this month.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:16 PM

This is why we dont trust anyone. Plain and simple.

I think your lucky to be getting or atleast seem to be getting what your owed. Many times it doesnt happen that way ... and then it escalates from there.