Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: K/9 in the blind

I don't want to trap people, I want to raise an LP bettor to face the field with 2 cold. If someone early bets, I'm probably not raising, as I don't want to bloat the pot.

DD: I love the bet button as much as the next guy, but I think that just blindly firing on this flop makes it much more difficult to play on later streets.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:27 PM

I agree with the way you played it. The only thing that I may do differently is try a check-raise on the flop to see if I can thin the field a bit.

Amy

Edit: If you do go for the check-raise, and it is raised early, and lots of callers, I just call.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to trap people, I want to raise an LP bettor to face the field with 2 cold. If someone early bets, I'm probably not raising, as I don't want to bloat the pot.

DD: I love the bet button as much as the next guy, but I think that just blindly firing on this flop makes it much more difficult to play on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, my bust, when people say C/R for value, I assume check, raising a bettor to the near left. C/R a LP bet when you are in EP is for protection

the one problem with most check line here is that letting this flop get checked through would be catastrophe, and you can't really gauge where you are at to a bet from your near left

the only good scenario you get by trying a C/R is CO, or maybe MP2 bets (hopefully getting CO to fold), and you raise.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:29 PM

*grunch*
In short
Yes
and
Yes
I think you played this fine
Old 08-03-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, my bust, when people say C/R for value, I assume check, raising a bettor to the near left. C/R a LP bet when you are in EP is for protection

the one problem with most check line here is that letting this flop get checked through would be catastrophe, and you can't really gauge where you are at to a bet from your near left

the only good scenario you get by trying a C/R is CO, or maybe MP2 bets (hopefully getting CO to fold), and you raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....interesting. I guess maybe I've just got some FPS right now, but just betting every street seems like it's not protecting enough, but I guess in this situation there's little to no chance of protecting your hand anyway, so value betting the whole way works.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:04 PM

I'd prefer betting. But if you know someone in LP will probably bet, then check/raising is the superior play. If it is bet and raised after you, fold.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:35 PM

huh? this isnt that hard.
bet on the flop. bet on the turn. call the raise.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blindly firing? We're betting because there's a good chance we're best and it's for value. Makes it more difficult to play on later streets? If they call you fire again, if they raise, you re-evaluate.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:14 PM

i agree you played it perfect. Play it the same next time. And the time after that and the next time...you get the idea. Don't worry about results just make good decisions!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:17 PM

I think leading the flop was fine. Despite the weak kicker, you do have top pair, and possibly the best hand. No one raised before the flop, so you don't want to take the chance of having this checked through. Other streets look fine as well.