Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 04:15 AM

Default standard?

5/10 6 max on party
BB is 35/20, pretty loose and somewhat aggressive postflop, and i had gotten the feeling he was tilting a bit currently

I open raise in the cutoff with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

only BB calls

flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, bet, call

turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, bet, raise, i call and plan on calling river pretty much no matter what.

basically, a) does anyone 3bet the turn here? b) calling any river is standard too, correct?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: standard?

3betting is only going to fold a worse hand, and get your ass capped by better ones. If he's bluffing, let him continue.

In all honesty, I don't think he has a J, as I believe he would check/raise the flop.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:28 AM

yeah i think this is completely standard, sorry i posted. bb ended up having K6o and rivered a K... i was really thinking he was full of it on the turn and was gonna 3bet... then i figured whatever, he's either completely bluffing or has me killed with a J, and just called.

just one of those things you can't do anything about i guess...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting is only going to fold a worse hand, and get your ass capped by better ones. If he's bluffing, let him continue.

In all honesty, I don't think he has a J, as I believe he would check/raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with letting him continue is he can easily outdraw you if he has overcards to 9s. This is a pot you don't mind winning on the turn. I say three bet it, you can fold to a cap.

Stu