Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Read this

What BS. Sites can't make mistakes like that. Thats a serious headache to cope with.

Check your credit report in a month or so and see if this boondoggle shows up on it.

Again, what BS. AP should give everyone affected by this a nice perk to make up for it.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What BS. Sites can't make mistakes like that. Thats a serious headache to cope with.

Check your credit report in a month or so and see if this boondoggle shows up on it.

Again, what BS. AP should give everyone affected by this a nice perk to make up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 100% unfortunately my account with them has been closed for about 2 months. Maybe someone else who is going through this with an active account can tell us if they received anything for the "misunderstanding"
Old 08-02-2005, 06:12 PM

At a minimum make sure you get a tradeline delete if it's been reported. Do not accept anything else like "Paid off" or "Settled" as those hurt your score as much as if it were delinquent.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At a minimum make sure you get a tradeline delete if it's been reported. Do not accept anything else like "Paid off" or "Settled" as those hurt your score as much as if it were delinquent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to wait a couple of days for absolute to contact the collection agency and then I am going to make sure that this does not show up anywhere.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:26 PM

Well it might not show up for a month or so, depends on when they report to the CRAs.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Urgent!!!! Absolute and Their Parent Company?!?

same crap happened to me. the collection agency letter. i called absolute poker they said that they will inform the collection agency that i dont have a debt that needs to be collected. i asked the absolute poker people how this could happen, they said my account accidentally went to the collections dept. or some junk they feed me. and not being racist, but like the dude was of indian descent or something so it was hard to even hear what his broken english ass was saying. for those dealing with absolute poker, when ur done with the site dont close the actual acct. just empty all the money out. they will send you a letter and make you waste time sorting it out.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Urgent!!!! Absolute and Their Parent Company?!?

I think I might add "Urgent!!!!!!!" to the beginning of all my thread subjects. Man that's attention grabbing. Funny how when I get mail stamped as such I usually ignore it.