Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: OESF draw and TP on turn

[ QUOTE ]
if you raise it big, and he calls, a free showdown does nothing for you as your hand will almost never be good.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are getting some folding equity.(lets say he folds 20% of the time) If you do hit(which is like 40%), he'll be pot committed to call a big bet. If you don't hit you either get a free showdown or you can safely fold to a bet.
Does it make sense?
If you don't raise the turn and miss, you might fold the best hand to a river bet.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Results

Given the mix or responses between raising big or calling, whats wrong with my line? I raised him to 160 or wtv, he called with JJ. Now if he had AA AK hes folding, and I feel he has those hands 33% of the time here, the raise is good. Even after he calls, I am getting good implied odds. If i hit my straight I can make at least an extra 100 on river. If I flush up, I can probable push and get called for the extra 200. If he is calling the turn raise, I can put him on a set most of the time. The only risk of this raise is if he pushes, however, even with his set of jacks, he didnt push fearing AQ. If raising is wrong becuase a good player will push with JJJ then so be it, but in this case I feel it was the right move.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you raise it big, and he calls, a free showdown does nothing for you as your hand will almost never be good.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are getting some folding equity.(lets say he folds 20% of the time) If you do hit(which is like 40%), he'll be pot committed to call a big bet. If you don't hit you either get a free showdown or you can safely fold to a bet.
Does it make sense?
If you don't raise the turn and miss, you might fold the best hand to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand that you beat will bet into you on the river on that board?

he didnt say the guy was an idiot.

raising the turn here is bad poker.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:34 PM

Raising the turn here improves your shania and most likely gets you a free showdown against AK/AA. Obviously this is all dependent on table image/dynamics, but I don't think raising is SOO bad. It sucks when he comes over the top, but you never make a play like this?
Old 08-02-2005, 06:38 PM

who is the villain?