Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
He had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the monster 100 dollar river bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you turn over your hand and say "F***! The river screwed up my pat 98! This is triple draw, right?"
Old 08-02-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Villain goes insane

[ QUOTE ]
I was at this table to witness the insanity, the mustashioed villain was livid to say the least ...

4 Hands after Bragar destroys him with 72 and he rebuys tp 500 I play this hand with him ...

I raise to 25 in CO with 82os, villian calls

Flop: Q94 (2 heartS), villain checks, I bet 50, villain calls

Turn: 2 (Q94), villain checks, I bet 250, villain thinks, I say, "I guarantee that I have you beat", villain folds.

Of course I show my hand ... villain starts muttering, his mustash begins to undulate, creating tremors that can be felt through the table.

Classic line after Bragar finishes him off with 62 ... as the villain storms off he points at Bragar and yells, "When I play with you again, I'm going to BUST YOU!" ... upon which the entire table starts laughing histerically. Even the guy who has not played a hand in 3 hours and uses 2 walnuts as card protectors understands that this is the funniest thing he has ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait no seriously, where do you guys play? you are the kind of people i need to play with.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Thinking on the 2nd to lowest level

That's awesome!! The table must've gone mental after that.

The #1 reason why I love to play live to put players on tilt. This hand from yesterday's 2/4NL at Foxwoods.

5 limpers to the BB who raises to $25. He rarely raises. I call in the CO w/A6o, button calls. Flop is 567r. He bets $35 and I beat him in the pot. Button folds.

Turn is 9. He bets $65. I raise to $165. He quickly calls. River is 2. He checks. I bet $350. He folds JJ face up and I take one card in each hand, lay them face up on the table and spread them apart in front of the board. The table goes nuts and I smile then give him a quick glance and he's looking at me like he wants to rip my throat out right then and there.

About 10 hands later I raise from the CO to $25 w/AQo. He's in the BB again and makes it $50. I call. Board is A 8 3. He bets $100 I call. Turn is an 8. He bets $30 (huh?) I call. River is a 6. He bets $100 I call. I flip my cards up and He goes "I have 2 pair!" and throws his cards down and shows 3h4h. LOL! The whole table is trying to tell him that he has a lower 2 pair. He doesn't say a word and storms off the table.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:33 PM

Ok, this thread is weird. Usually I have no problems at all, but this time I can't figure out who among the two real responders is being serious and who is being sarcastic.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wait no seriously, where do you guys play? you are the kind of people i need to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. Take this fish money with that kind of play and I'll take it right away from you raisng 72o MP1. I mean 97s, 46s LP, maybe, but 72o? You're going to bleed.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this thread is weird. Usually I have no problems at all, but this time I can't figure out who among the two real responders is being serious and who is being sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess this thread is a bit weird. But yeah that happened with me yesterday. Nothing farfetched with my story. Pretty standard bluff in that spot methinks.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2-5 NL at the Borgata

I haven't played live in a while, and have completely lost patience. I've been raising pretty frequently preflop. I'd played a lot with villain in this hand. He's a table coach type that's been lecturing strategy a ton. He's extremely tight and has talked about throwing away mid pairs preflop. I haven't seen him show anything but a big hand.

Anyway, onto the hand.

I'm dealt 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP1. I raise to 15. I may or may not have looked at my cards before raising. For this game, this is a pot builder raise. A few callers, villain (~550, I have him covered) raises to 40 in the BB. Most people know not to mess with his raisies. Not me, I call, everyone else folds.

Flop: 689 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s
Pot: 130

He bets 60. I call.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Pot: 250

He bets 150. I think for a while and call.
Pot: 550

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He bets 100. I call.

Comments? I'm pretty convinced I should have pushed the river. Besides that, I think my play is fine. The pretty talkative table was absolutely silent for at least 15 minutes after this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you make atrocious calls all the way down, not getting odds and then don't bother extracting chips when you hit your hand? Please tell me you were too busy staring at one of the cocktail waitresses to think about the hand.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we leave a trail of hilarity in our wake or because you think you could take our money? ... wait, don't answer that question
Old 08-02-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we leave a trail of hilarity in our wake or because you think you could take our money? ... wait, don't answer that question

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 05:43 PM

This kind of play will only motivate the guy to concentrate harder and play better. Push in on the river and keep the revolution bologna to yourself.