Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:27 PM

Default raise re raise muck AKo?

early in a $10 MTT on stars the players range from horrible to decent haven't seen any of the hands from either of my two opponenents, so no reads.blinds 15/30 1 limper from EP 1 off the cutoff makes its 220, button reraises to 550. i am in the BB with AKo i moved in 2000 chips and was called by both, one showed AQ the other KK. The kings held, the more i think about the hand it seemeed like a really bad play by me i should have mucked and not thought twice correct?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: raise re raise muck AKo?

I don't like that play at all. Even if there is one big raise I tend to toss the AKo. Its the hand that gets me in the most trouble. When the 2nd person went over the top you have to figure you're at best a 45/55 underdog because one of them is bound to have a pair, and more than likely the other one will hold atleast an ACE or KING.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like that play at all. Even if there is one big raise I tend to toss the AKo. Its the hand that gets me in the most trouble. When the 2nd person went over the top you have to figure you're at best a 45/55 underdog because one of them is bound to have a pair, and more than likely the other one will hold atleast an ACE or KING.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i really acted on impulse the more i thought about it, just seemed retarted. im new to MTT so im trying to adjust to all the changes in strategies from SNGs.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i really acted on impulse the more i thought about it, just seemed retarted. im new to MTT so im trying to adjust to all the changes in strategies from SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, stick with it we've all been there. I've made (and still do) mistakes.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:26 PM

yah, you got more time (hrs) to make that play later on, but early I wouldn't get committed with AK vs. a raiser/reraiser in the first rounds....unless I was desperate

RB
Old 08-01-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, that's generally my thinking as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
early in a $10 MTT on stars

[/ QUOTE ]

no rebuys i take it? I guess the play may be ok with rebuys if you could somehow triple up in that spot.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:57 PM

I'll go ahead and quote my boy T.J....
[ QUOTE ]
"You cannot stand a reraise with Ace-King."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2005, 03:09 PM

Reminds me of a hand my friend played in party's 350k while I was sweating him.

He had 5k w/ average over 6k and had a very aggressive big stack directly to his left. CO and button in this hand have him covered.

He gets AKs in BB, CO makes a standard raise, button reraises to about 2.5k. He decided to call which seems very wrong to me, but would a fold here be bad?