Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Day in the life of a Red Sox fan...

[ QUOTE ]
Any Sox fan who worried about Manny being traded is an idiot. I mean, he went unclaimed on waivers 2 years ago, how on earth is a realistic trade involving him going to be worked out, especially when the Sox clearly should be buyers and not sellers at this point. GMAB, it's nauseating seeing all the hand-wringing on ESPN about this total non-issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was closer than you'd believe. The Red Sox being buyers was a non-issue -- they'd have gotten Huff, Cameron, and a top 15 prospect had the deal gone down. Besides, no one is doubting that Manny was being shopped.

At the same time, there was a buyer who tried to get Manny during the off-season (Minaya ) who was also not raound as a reaonable buyer during the Manny-Waivers fiasco.

I agree that trading him would have made little sense, but Ican't imagine that stopping a trade from happening.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:10 PM

i will leave it for others to elaborate.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:12 PM

IMO the whole thing was WAY overblown by the idiots in the Boston sports media. Unfortunately a lot of fans in Boston take whatever negative crap they come up with and run with it...hence the disgusting display of boos on Friday night.

Don't get me wrong, Manny certainly deserves some blame for being a clown, however the Red Sox have dealt with him just fine for four years and will continue to do so. If they want to get rid of him, its because of his contract and not his antics. If some GM out there this offseason is dumb enough to assume the rest of that contract (:cough:Minaya:cough, then Theo will probably jump on it.

If certain members of the team were mad at Manny this week, I'm sure that game-winning pinch-hit RBI yesterday went a long way toward patching it up. Biggest hit of the season.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured you wouldn't have much to say. Sucks being a hypocrite and being called out on it huh.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:25 PM

IMO the whole thing was WAY overblown by the idiots in the Boston sports media. Unfortunately a lot of fans in Boston take whatever negative crap they come up with and run with it...hence the disgusting display of boos on Friday night

Sports radio is the main culprit in this. All week long they just bash Manny and speak for his teammates and management.

If they want to get rid of him, its because of his contract and not his antics. If some GM out there this offseason is dumb enough to assume the rest of that contract (:cough:Minaya:cough, then Theo will probably jump on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. If Minaya wants Manny as bad as it appears, especially considering that Johnny Damon appears to be the class of the non pitching free agents (i could be wrong, i just did a quick peek) this would be the time to take him. You know, right when he is leaving his peak years [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 12:27 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
what's it like to know that manny has this ball club by the balls?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the exact same as Sheffield.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:27 PM

ugggh. i didn't circumvent the filters. i don't even know how to.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:29 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured you wouldn't have much to say. Sucks being a hypocrite and being called out on it huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sublime typed isn't a censored word, and never has been. It's not his fault he can't spell correctly. If he could, the swear filter would certainly catch it.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What sublime typed isn't a censored word, and never has been. It's not his fault he can't spell correctly. If he could, the swear filter would certainly catch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. about fcuking time.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. about fcuking time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're are going to go around tring to get everyone banned that rubs you the wrong way, you'd better be squeaky clean...
Closed Thread