Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: 30/60 drying up?

The difficulty of the 30/60 at party is definitely being a touch overdone here lately. While the game is not as easy as the 15 was, it is not like you need to be world class to beat it. A solid/savvy ABC player is going to beat that game for close to 1BB with any kind of table selection.

I do not really know how good the average 2+2 player is, but someone who is generally reaching the same conclusions on hand decisions as the general consensus on this board can certainly beat that game for 1.5BB. I do not really have the info to say how many people that is - but it could be anyone with appropriate study (meaning some exceptional natural talent is not required).

The better 2+2ers can ceratinly take the game for 2BB/100. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying it is an easy game - in fact a year ago I probably could not have beaten it. That said, the difficulty is getting a bit overhyped. (Of course it is wise to get up from tables with 20 avg. vpip)