Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 08:35 PM

Default AKo, positive I lead the whole way.

No reads on anyone yet, but CO just won the last hand after calling 2 cold with 97h, so he seems pretty fishy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

I called the flop because I didn't want to scare off the CO just yet, and wanted to nab an extra BB on the turn and maybe more if the UTG thought I was full of crap.

Did I miss a raise or bet here? Is the call on the flop good or is a raise still favorable?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: AKo, positive I lead the whole way.

And also waiting for the turn to raise gives you an extra BB rather than an extra SB.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:43 PM

That's what I meant by the extra.

I'll post results in a bit, if someone can critique play by play.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:53 PM

I think you took a bit of a chance waiting for the turn, UTG2 is more likely than usual to be checking that turn since he could possibly be on an OESD or Flush draw, or start thinking you are on AK.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:26 AM

Honestly, with one pair, I'm going to knock out the guy behind me. But I've been trying to work on getting paid off better with hands like these (solid flops, very few opponents).
Old 07-31-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on anyone yet, but CO just won the last hand after calling 2 cold with 97h, so he seems pretty fishy.

I called the flop because I didn't want to scare off the CO just yet, and wanted to nab an extra BB on the turn and maybe more if the UTG thought I was full of crap.

Did I miss a raise or bet here? Is the call on the flop good or is a raise still favorable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the flop. If he's calling here, he's probably not paying attention to the pot odds and will call unprofitably with one pair. If he has a flush draw, there's nothing you can do about it. If he doesn't have either, he'll probably have nothing and fold for one bet anyway.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:15 AM

Raise the flop. Your hand is vulnerable. You have the best hand most likely on the flop. Get your money in while you do. You don't wanna give him a free card. Slowplaying sucks ass, unless you're definetly sure your hand is really powerful.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:23 AM

I like raising the flop here. You'll often comit both the loose CO and UTG+2 to seeing the river, whereas your turn raise will often fold the CO.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:18 AM

I love playing against you TAGs. Slowplay when you have it, raise it when you don't. Fish know too. Play it aggressive and hard, next time you need to knock out people with middle pair you won't have a problem. Money in the pot is another good reason.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:25 AM

This hand is not strong enough to slow play. Get your money in while you think you are ahead. Better to win a small pot than lose a large one. Nobody ever went bust by taking profits etc etc.