Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: 100 200 preflop

[ QUOTE ]
bottom line is KQs is usually the best starting hand here and should be played as such. thus you cap preflop and start getting money in right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think subfallen is right on this one. Against someone raising UTG 7handed with PFR 17% and someone 3betting with PFR 22% KQs is at best breakeven.

Problem is that one of them will much more often dominate you then you will dominate them.

I agree that if u always cap/fold in these spots u give away less information then if u sometimes caps and sometimes coldcalls but if u coldcall a cap/not cap from the other 2 players gives u back some information, information that is good to have because u want to know if u are up against AK, AQ, AA-QQ. (I guess PFR 22% at least caps AQs)
Old 07-30-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: 100 200 preflop

Let's take a look at both sides (from my perspective)

I don't think Hero is in a cap/fold situation. KQs is too good a hand vs these preflop LA players to fold PF. I think a coldcall is fine with KQs being OOP. I would want to take a flop here with the SB 3-betting in front of me.

With the cap I'd be hoping to get the pot HU and pushing the button out (perhaps if he was on a steal attempt), and hope that the SB was just reraising w/ a pocket pair (with my KQ being live of course). But, there's a lot of hoping involved in that scenario [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Like several other people said, however, once you got past your PF play, the next big step was playing post-flop.