Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Anyone else been ripped off by party\'s billing system?

So here's the story. I made a deposite with my credit card to party for $X.XX amount. Three days later the exact same amount was charged to my credit card AGAIN! Has anyone else had this happen? I've been trying to deal with customer support all day. They have me faxing them just about everything but my birth certificate to prove that I'm an actual human (and that's just when I get through). Just thought I would post this to see if anyone had this happen and how, or even if, they got it solved. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Anyone else been ripped off by party\'s billing system?

Wow, I didn't think credit cards still worked for gambling establishments. I know none of mine do. But when I used credit/debit cards in the past, I had no problems. By the way, How did you know you got charged twice for the same transaction? Do you check your credit card balance daily? Finally, I seriously doubt Party is trying to rip you off, perhaps you deposited twice and forgot about it. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 04:38 AM

I work in an online bank, and this does happen quite often. Should you be unable to resolve this matter with Party Poker you can contact your card issuer and get the transaction placed into dispute as you haven't received the service that you have been billed for.
Most likely this will result in Party barring you so it is best that you try and get it resolved with them first! Good luck!

If I can be of any further help feel free to drop me a PM.

Rom
Old 07-24-2003, 09:05 AM

Thanks for your replys. Yea, I do think it was just an honest mistake. However (and I was warned about this) Party's support has been horrible! They keep telling me they'll call me back in an hour or so and it never happens. Oh-well, live and learn I guess. To answer your question Richie, I have on-line banking so I can see all the activity.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:52 AM

Hi gregdillon,

If you don't want this happen again,,use Neteller..it works perfect for all the pokerrooms transfers..Quick and fast and cheap and great customer service..
Old 07-24-2003, 10:31 AM

It might be because Partys minimum deposit is over $10.00 [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]