Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Ace rag on bubble

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely do not raise to 400. With your stack and these blinds I fold, but I don't think pushing is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be crazy, but I almost prefer the 400 raise to a push. Thats how much I don't like pushing here.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:46 PM

fold >minraise >pushing >betting 400>limping.
Anyone agrees
Old 07-29-2005, 05:47 PM

My thought was that i could be able to steal blinds, but if someone came over the top i would fold(unless it was the Short stack). Unfortunatly when the flop came it was hard to get away from theh hand, especially since i had seen villian betting with junk before.
Btw if this thought process is incorrect some1 tell me quick so i can stop playing like a donk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 05:56 PM

I've been burned like this two many times, so I refuse to bet any hand I can't afford to play to conclusion on the bubble. Push or fold, and I'd really have to see your opponents in action to know which to do in this situation. I'm not uncomfortable pushing with any ace when I'm shortstacked--You're getting close to that point but are you there yet?

The other question is how likely is shortstack to push with any two during the next orbit? Is there money to be made by watching someone eat him and folding into the money then making a push yourself?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:16 PM

With 4 players left, can you really afford to wait for a top 10 hand? Poker is a gamble, and I'd gamble with A6 in this position.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:28 PM

what that read on villain, fold preflop. what makes this worse is that both the SB and BB have a stack twice the size of yours.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 PM

Push or fold are your only options. Had you seen the big stack call any all-ins earlier in the tournament? If so, what did he call with? If you haven't moved all-in much in the tournament and very few people have been making that bet in the many hands right before this one, I would push. If people have been making a lot of all-in moves preflop or the BB/ big stack has shown he will call all-ins then you fold.