Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Heads up: There\'s got to be a much better way to play this hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can probably get him to fold on the flop a very high % of the time. I think a bet to t450 isn't a bad idea. You also can then move him off of his hand on the turn if a blank hits.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. So here's the situation when I bet 450 on the flop and get called. There's 1600 in the pot. I have about 2000 left and he has 4400. The only bet that I could see making on the turn is all-in. Do you see any other bets that would make sense. Checking allows me to avoid risking my whole stack, but the pot is already almost that big. Given this situation, would you (1) move all-in, (2) check, or (3) bet a different amount?

If I bet 450 on the flop and get called, should I bet the turn if my hand hasn't improved. If so, how much would you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

All of these things depend. I think at least you should bet that flop or be prepared to take the pot away from him after his weak turn bet. The turn card most likely didn't make his hand and he probably doesn't have a high enough club to go all out.

If your opponent calls a flop bet of t450 and then checks again with that turn card I'd fire another barrel. You have the betting impetus and I highly doubt he's sophisticated enough to be value calling unless he lucked into some monster hand.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-29-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Heads up: There\'s got to be a much better way to play this hand

Okay. So here's the situation when I bet 450 on the flop and get called. There's 1600 in the pot. I have about 2000 left and he has 4400. The only bet that I could see making on the turn is all-in. Do you see any other bets that would make sense. Checking allows me to avoid risking my whole stack, but the pot is already almost that big. Given this situation, would you (1) move all-in, (2) check, or (3) bet a different amount?

If I bet 450 on the flop and get called, should I bet the turn if my hand hasn't improved. If so, how much would you bet?