Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 06:48 PM

Default checked out foxwoods..

while in NY on business. Had a dead day thursday and took the train/bus combo there. About four hours one way, but pleasnt scenery through CT. Man, that's a big old poker room. I was very impressed with the place. Dealers were adequate (some not very chatty or anything, but ok. One oriental who was horrible, kept flipping cards.) Not much of a limit player (play almost exclusively NL tourneys), but sat in a 4-8 game. I've experienced 2-4 elsewhere, and frankly, would rather play blackjack or craps.

The 4-8 was pretty juicy. Two uber-agressive guys and several Tight as nails dudes, two pasive calling stations.

Early on, up a little, got this hand: 10s mid position, I raise, two callers. flop is 9K K, bet out, one call from a guy pretty tight in SB. Turn rag, no flush draw. I bet, he calls. Now I figure he's got the K, I'm ready to lay down. River is 10. Bingo. I bet, he raises. Now this guy is pretty tight, so I put him on AK. or maybe QK, I can't see him calling much else. I reraise, he reraises. We're heads up, so no limit on bumps. 10K crosses my mind here, but I can't believe he called the pf raise with it, I reraise, he reraises. at this point, I give up and call, he rocks over 10 K. ARggg!

I tilt away for a while, but soon back up with a few big hands. It was great. I was perceived as tight, but actually took a few pots stealing when the agro players to my right folded ahead and I could push the tighties several to my left. Plus, big hands usually got raised ahead.

I won a huge pot 3bet preflop with 6 (!) callers flopping a set with 55. This was about as crazy as this table got. Several drunks here at this time.

Anyway, enjoyed it a lot. Very nice room.