Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 09:11 PM

Default AA no goot?

SB is 35%vpip and pretty aggressive. Button has shown down some weak hands

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (18.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.
crying call here, (pretty stupid given button's aggression and my read on him (AT-JT), but the pot was so big!)

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Crazy turn action, pretty sure button was beat there, SB's aggression is odd but given the cold call by the button I guess 2-pr from some suited hand. So I have some live outs.

What's your river action?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: AA no goot?

I'd fold to the turn cap, as I don't see any reasonable 2 pairs that a 35% VPIP calls a raise with PF there.

Also, please change your location to "Kunta Kinte".
Old 07-28-2005, 09:22 PM

When SB cold-call/caps the turn, a slowplayed flopped set is the first thing that springs to my mind, though people do weird things sometimes, and the two-pair hand you suspected is also possible. There's some possibility he's just joining the fun with A7 or 88 or something, or he made a loose flop peel with 98 and decided to cap with his OESD (or he had one on the flop with 54), but I'm not too optimistic.

Anyway, I think I would have played the hand the exact same way you did.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:24 PM

SB looks like he's SUPER slow playing, with the turn check/cold call/cap, which SCREAMS set. That, combined with the fact that you think you have a decent read on the button having a 10, I think you gotta fold.

It looks to me like the pot odds are about 13-1 if there isn't another raise (2BB into a 25.5 BB pot). If the button were to raise again, you'd be about 9-1 (3BB into a 27BB pot). I think you gotta fold, and be real pissed if you're wrong.

I am a little weak/tight sometimes, though.

-Matt
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 PM

Haha Kunte Kinte, been getting that my whole life. I'll consider it.

Would you really fold to the turn cap even if you knew he had a set? The button is 100% calling, so after I 3-bet calling the cap is 17.5 to 1. 2 outs to my aces are 22.5 to 1 so I need to make up 5 bets after the flop. SB is definitely capping, so that's 4. Button is so loose that he'll probably come along for the ride, maybe not. If SB has 2-pr I have more outs too. If I have 3 outs total, I just need 15 to 1, so I think this is a call.

Any thoughts on that?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is definitely capping, so that's 4. Button is so loose that he'll probably come along for the ride, maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is true, then it's okay obviously. But it is still thin and I don't think you can be that confident that SB will cap and that button will call at least one more (note that you're only making a profit if he calls two).

But given the way you played it, you have to call that first river bet.