Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Is this just bad luck?

I figured it out, ill go pick it up as well. thanks for your advice.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:50 PM

In my opinion (responding before looking at other replies) I typically would not play these hands, except the big blind hand.

You get two pair, but hands two and three are well coordinated for big hands of flushes or the single card straight! Much to strong for you to take your two pair to the river with.

These are examples of why you typically don't play these hands, but will play A9o from the Button, and almost always attempt to steal while holding it.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:54 PM

Yes it does happen to me too Branden. You just have to accept it as part of the bad beats that you will get playing poker.

You will probably get more bad beats playing at lower limits, but you will also pick up bigger pots on other hands that you win to compensate for it.

No one likes to get good hands like 2 pair on the flop drawn out on, but it does happen to the rest of us too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 08:54 PM

Grunch:

Without looking at the results, I can say in at least one case it wasn't bad luck. You shouldn't have been around to have your split two pair cracked in the first hand. Besides, you got counterfeited on the river, and now are basically holding a naked king.

The second hand I would fold the river. 3-flush, 4-straight and a donkbet. Wait till the turn to protect your 2-pair here. Ditto for 3rd hand.

Boards that make a good hand for JT are dangerous for two-pair.

Two-pair is a vulnerable hand multi-way. Be sure to protect it the best way possible, which might involve waiting for a better time to raise it. Also, make sure you can use both your cards to make your hand.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:00 PM

Damn. Does that mean I have to play 16K hands before I start winning ? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]