Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Would you let your GF sleep in the same bed with another guy?

There is a bigger issue, which is: Do you really want to be with a chick who would put you in a spot like this?

The answer is up to you, but having had nearly the exact situation come up a few years back, I'm putting forth that this little situation tells you everything you need to know about her. She's gotta go.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a bigger issue, which is: Do you really want to be with a chick who would put you in a spot like this?

The answer is up to you, but having had nearly the exact situation come up a few years back, I'm putting forth that this little situation tells you everything you need to know about her. She's gotta go.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with leaving her is that I really like her, also in a superficial sence she is gorgous and has no business being with me. Although I hate the spot im in, it would be very hard to leave her.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:54 PM

You're so whipped. And she knows it.

-d
Old 07-28-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with leaving her is that I really like her, also in a superficial sence she is gorgous and has no business being with me. Although I hate the spot im in, it would be very hard to leave her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly dude, you don't seem very into this whole thing. Think. You said it's been a year, and you're saying you "really like her" and "she's gorgeous". If you were serious and looking long-term with this girl, you'd have made a stand as soon as she brought this up. I think you should either speak up about this now, or think about just ending it. JMHO.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:23 PM

I feel you dude.

This sounds very much like the spot I was in...and the girl was just so hot, and so good in bed and turned me on so much that I let [censored] like this slide and more things just kept popping up, and had I had the foresight to end it earlier, when warning signs like this popped up, then I would've been much better off.

This girl could be totally different from mine, but the whole situation just feels really similar.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel you dude.

This sounds very much like the spot I was in...and the girl was just so hot, and so good in bed and turned me on so much that I let [censored] like this slide and more things just kept popping up, and had I had the foresight to end it earlier, when warning signs like this popped up, then I would've been much better off.

This girl could be totally different from mine, but the whole situation just feels really similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it isn't any different.

Girls are like children they will continually test limits and find out how far they can push things. You need to set firm bounderies on how you are going to be treated.

It is much easier if you just find a chick that actually wants to treat you (and be treated) and the relationship with respect.

At some point she should show some concern for your feelings. Making plans to go skinny dipping with her ex or asking to sleep in the same bed as some other dude is not doing that.

Also things will be much easier if guys will just be upfront with their limits. I can't imagine some girl I am with needing to ask me how I would feel about either of those situations. If she did then clearly me and her would not be a good match. She would be much better off with someone else as would I and that is what would happen.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM

Right on.

And just so your major point isn't lost in the boundaries thing - The main point is that she asked him this in the first place, the minor point is that guys should be better at setting boundaries. Her asking at all tells her whole story to me.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your screwed. I hope u can see why. But does it really matter. Either way you sound like the kind of guy that would take her back in a heartbeat. Im sure she knows this. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in a superficial sence she is gorgous and has no business being with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be the real problem. Why the low self esteem?
Old 07-31-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think given how this thread has gone the OP is truly sorry he started it. He's afraid he may have ruined what little he had going with her. I've been out of the dating game for a long time. How do these long distance relationships work anyway? Are they really supposed to be exclusive and does anyone actually believe this?