Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Re: I had my first poker dream, and wouldn\'t you know it...

My first poker dream involved hitting the BBJ after reading a thread about how high it was in the zoo then going to bed.

I felt like a total tool when I woke up. Dreaming about Poker is one thing, but dreaming about hitting the Party BBJ is just lame.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:33 AM

One of my earlier abstract poker dreams involved me having QT and flopping an open ender.

There were a total of 6 community cards and that really bugged me. I still missed my str8 and that really bugged me too.

Overall, not so great of a dream
Old 07-28-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was a bad beat.

Short story is I get dealt two red 3s, flop comes 3-6-3. I push all in and get one caller who shows pocket 9s. He hits runner-runner and I wake up.

After a year and a half of playing, this is my first poker dream. Has anyone else been similarly afflicted? (note, I suffered no bad beats in my three hours of play last night)

[/ QUOTE ]

My fiance had a poker dream that I didn't like when she explained it (laughing her ass off) to me.

In her dream I won a contest on ESPN to have a get together with Daniel Negraneau and she kept telling me that I was having a date with Daniel Negraneau and I kept telling her that no, we were getting together to talk about poker--that was the contest. And she's like, no you're dating Daniel Negraneau ha ha ha!!!

Then when I meet DN apparently a bunch of ninja types in poker regalia descend on our meeting and force DN to sign their stuff the entire time and I get mad and call ESPN and yell at them because that wasn't the contest...

She woke up laughing at me, and I was like, hey, you don't get to make fun of me because of your dream.

I'm thinking of sending her to a head shrinker...that or buying a stun gun...

--Zetack
Old 07-28-2005, 12:38 PM

What happened to the good ol' days when I could dream about something besides poker. I haven't dreamed about sex since I was 17. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 02:58 PM

Not my first poker dream, but I had a dream last night where I was playing Omaha 8. That is odd since I NEVER play that game LOL.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:35 PM

A month ago I had a dream where I was playing seven card stud with Christopher Walken. After I beat him he offered me a job dogsitting his poodle but I woke up during the negotiations.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:38 PM

my dreams are always a lot more abstract and wierd. The other night i dreamt i was in a tournament, final table with Lederer and Hellmuth. It was odd because we were sitting at a kitchen table in some house, and there was crap on the table getting in the way. somehow lederer busted out because i had the the double-nut flush. i had AA of spades, and he had KK of spades, the flop gave us both flushes, don't know why we had those hands. Then it was me and Hellmuth heads up, and i remember being very distracted, and hungry, so i went to make a sandwich and he had to wait. The sandwich was tasty, it was a turkey club on sourdough with avocado, toasted to perfection. Then i had to call my friend, so hellmuth just had to sit there patiently waiting for me. Then finally i took the crap off the table that was in the way and we started to play. The next thing i know, i'm somewhere else telling my friends i took second in a tournament against hellmuth and i won 60 dollars.
i hate waking up confused...and this dream still has me dazed. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 03:38 PM

at work, lmao, hahaha
Old 07-28-2005, 03:41 PM

I once had a dream that my mother was dealing to me, Hitler, Stalin and OJ Simpson.

I kept winning and she kept getting angrier and angrier.

Finally she yells "WHY DON'T YOU LET ANY OF THESE OTHER NICE BOYS WIN!!! YOU ARE SO SELFISH"

At this point she sat up on the table, opened her legs and swallowed me back into her vagina.

On a side note....litium tastes like happiness.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:49 PM

nice. i have them sometimes as well, for a few days at a time.

of course, most of mine involve playing, but then something comes up like a misdeal or missing cards, or we can't figure out the proper betting order or something, so my brain can avoid doing any real work while i'm sleeping.