Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: CALL or FOLD

It doesn't take much of a hand for it not to be.

Your behind 2-2. You have 20+BB left. This isn't even close in my book.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:43 PM

any reads on this donkey? i would save yourself the agony, and push all in pre-flop and watch this donk fold like a tent.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could it not be a stone bluff? with bb's position and chip lead he could have any two cards with the way he played it

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter...the one person you don't want to be tangling with is the BB. I'm sure you called and lost to something like T8 or whatever, but you just have to fold this hand. You still have 20BB after folding. Take chips off the medium stacks.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:45 PM

Yes, I also like to open for 23BB when I only get called by hands that crush me. Thats horrible advice.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:46 PM

Just remember, even if he has a complete joke hand like 4-7s. He's still going to win 35%+ of the time.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any reads on this donkey? i would save yourself the agony, and push all in pre-flop and watch this donk fold like a tent.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is horrible advice.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:48 PM

For next time,
What is considered good odds??
Old 07-28-2005, 03:50 PM

In this situation? I think it's impossible for me to justify the call. I'd need probably 3:1...and that means 2 big stacks are all in in front of you, which also makes it a horrible call. =)
Old 07-28-2005, 03:51 PM

w/ AJ here? the only way to adjust the #s to you having better odds is if you start the hand w/ less chips. the only point at which i'd call is if you started w/ 10BB or less, in which case you're pushing first in, not raising 3BB. so you'll never be calling the BBs raise here. either you're opening w/ a push when you're short, or you open for 3BB and fold to a huge raise like this one.

again, this is another reason you should be avoiding the big stack and gather chips from the other medium/small ones. you should really be hoping it collapses to 1 table asap.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
w/ AJ here? the only way to adjust the #s to you having better odds is if you start the hand w/ less chips. the only point at which i'd call is if you started w/ 10BB or less, in which case you're pushing first in, not raising 3BB. so you'll never be calling the BBs raise here. either you're opening w/ a push when you're short, or you open for 3BB and fold to a huge raise like this one.

again, this is another reason you should be avoiding the big stack and gather chips from the other medium/small ones. you should really be hoping it collapses to 1 table asap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking.