Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: \"I called because I was bluffing.\"

[ QUOTE ]
I had that happen at one of my games a while back. It was the same guy who a couple of months before that folded pocket aces preflop to an all in, because he thought he was beat. He hasn't been back in a year or so. I wish there were more of them around.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO NO, I'm laughing so hard it's painful. OMG. that's one of the funniest things i ever heard
Old 07-25-2005, 08:29 AM

I was playing 5/10 at the Taj this weekend and saw the reverse happen. A 30-something lady who seemed like a newbie was on the button, and with two bettors, called on the turn and called on the river, board something like AK5T3. She flips over QJ. I asked her why she just called, since she had the nuts. She giggled and said, "I was bluffing!"
Old 07-25-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-25-2005, 07:04 PM

It seems only players who have no clue what they are doing (obvious) call when they are bluffing, lol. What ticks me off are the people who make horrible calls and get lucky and end up winning the damn tournament. Man did I mess that one up.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:27 PM

Had something like that happen in a home game about 8 months ago. Really poor player who really is only there to have a good time with his friends. Playing 7-stud, gets heads-up by 5th street between him and another player. He tenaciously calls all the way with the other player showing two Aces on the board. He calls the final bet, and the guy with the Aces says "whatcha got? All I have is the Aces", and the poor player flips over his cards and says "Nope, you've got me beat". I don't mind taking somebody's money, but it's pretty hard when they play THAT badly.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:44 PM

something like that happened to me a while ago.

I was playin with a few of my friends then one of them bet with 35 off as a bluff on the turn - he had nothing and his best possibility would be a pair of 5s, then another guy raised him all in. he called and lost horribly. We asked him what he was doin and he said 'I thought he was trying to steal the pot'
Old 07-28-2005, 04:49 PM

i wouldn't have believed this story if i didn't see it for myself:

playing a $10 buy-in home game. one player in MP raises 4X BB with KK. SB calls with AKo and BB calls with J6o (ew). flop comes 943r. SB and BB check... MP raises size of pot, SB re-raises, BB calls (um...) and MP calls. turn: T completing rainbow. SB bets strongly... BB flat calls again... MP goes all-in. SB with like 3 chips in front of him disgustedly calls saying "i'm committed". BB looks intrigued, and CALLS for all his chips... all turn over cards. river is brick, and MP takes it down, bewildered, and knocks out 2 players. after several double takes by the entire table after seeing the BB's J6o i look at him and ask "what the hell were you calling for?" and he replies -- with a dead serious expression -- "i was committed."

oh.
my.
god.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:00 PM

he should be committed.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:13 PM

That is in the top five of the "funniest dang things I ever read" list.

Wow.