Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 01:38 PM

Default I don\'t normally post \"fun\" hands

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (9.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___double bets

5th Street - (6.88 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

6th Street - (14.88 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

River - (22.88 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (26.88 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $1073 | Rake: $2

Hands in white below:

<font color="white"> Seat 1: [ Ad Ah 8c 5s As 4h Ac ] [ four of a kind, aces -- Ad,Ah,As,Ac,8c ]

Hero: [ Ks Kc 8d 8h Kh 9s 7c ] [ a full house, Kings full of eights -- Ks,Kc,Kh,8d,8h ] </font>
Old 07-28-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: I don\'t normally post \"fun\" hands

Where's the fun in losing $1000?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:55 PM

I'm sorry that sucks

At least you played the hand well
Old 07-28-2005, 01:58 PM

Hey, I only lost $500ish...
Old 07-28-2005, 01:59 PM

I actually wasn't certain I played the hand well. Is checking the river too wimpy? And should I really cap 3rd?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:06 PM

I wouldn't cap 3rd in the games I play. But I don't know how aggressive these games are.

I think you played the river correctly. Its pretty easy to put him on trip Aces. When he raises you, take a hint.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I only lost $500ish...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea what that would mean to a small family in Thailand? That's 20,000 Baht!!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually wasn't certain I played the hand well. Is checking the river too wimpy? And should I really cap 3rd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you played it well. Its your opponent who played it poorly on 6th street. He really should give you credit for a boat at that point.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 PM

Capping 3rd is certainly OK, you could easily be up against QQ, JJ, or maybe even TT, 99.

Your opponent played poorly after your re-raise on 5th. Both your hands are so well defined at that point that you could have turned up your 2 hole cards. He is a dog to fill on the river with a dead 8 showing yet he caps on 6th. You are definitely getting the better of it there.

Since he is a dog to fill on the river you have a clear value bet because he will play you off 100% of the time.

Alternatively, against this opponent I get the feeling he would have bet anyway if you had checked on 7th so you would have gotten you river bet in anyway without risking getting raised, although I would have definitely bet in your spot also.

Well played, monster over monster, nothing you can do.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:23 PM

Yeah, that's why I keep thinking about retiring to Thailand with a laptop...