Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 09:38 AM

Default Re: 40% deposit bonus at UB for first time deposits

It depends on what you have to do to release the bonus, some pokerrooms make you play so many hands that they make a fortune. At pokerroom I had to play 1800 hands to release a $100 bonus. I won some money in the process but they would have made lots of money off the rakes in the games I played.

Now I see that they have a 40% bonus there as well, it would take ages to release it

Dink
[img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2003, 09:56 AM

Whether the offer is 20% or 40%, UB are not really giving up anything in direct cash terms. To earn the bonus, you've got to accumulate 10 Ultimate Points for each $1 of bonus. Only Ultimate Points earned by playing at raked tables count. If you check out the UP earning schedule, you'll see that, playing 10-handed, each UP will cost a player between 10c and 30c each in rake (depending on limit and assuming each pays an equal share of the rake on average). If you're playing at a table with less than 10 players, the cost will increase in inverse proportion to the number of players.

Sure, the bonus is worth getting - but at its best, it's just a rake rebate scheme. {Cf. Party or Empire where you earn the bonus at 20c a raked hand and can do this playing $0.50/1.00 tables where the (total) rake is generally 50c a hand.)
Old 07-21-2003, 11:37 AM

I checked my email today and I got 2 different emails the same day from UB saying they put $100 in my bonus account. Glitch in their system maybe?

Getting this bonus at UB seems a lot easier than at pokerroom. At pokerroom, I'm 100% positive they weren't giving me points for all my hands because I kept a running total. At UB, I was getting 1 to 1.5 points per hand yesterday at a full and wild 2/4 table.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:52 PM

At pokerroom. com, you have to collect 10 Player Points for every $1 of bonus. You earn Player Points by playing in raked hands at the following rates: rake >=$1 - 1 PP; rake >0 but <1 - 0.5PP. So ten-handed, each $1 of bonus would cost you between $1 and $3 - a very similar deal to Ultimatebet.

You don't get any Player Points if the rake on the hand is zero - but you don't get Ultimate Points either if the rake on a hand is zero.

One difference (which I didn't mention before, sorry) is you can double the rate of earning Ultimate Points (and thereby halve their cost) if you are the first or second player who sits down at a new table. If you're the third or fourth player, you get a 50% increase. This is obviously worthwhile if you are a strong short-handed player and/or can expect the table to fill up quickly.

I suppose Ultimatebet is also a bit more generous in that you also earn 1 Ultimate Point an hour just for playing - but I think the EV of that is pretty marginal!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:26 PM

You get the 40% in your bonus account but you only get that money put into your real account by playing. The rate at which the bonus account flows into your real account depends on how many Ultimatepoints you get which in turn is determined by how much rake is taken from the pots during your time at the table.

I have little doubt this is not as bad a deal for UB as it appears on the surface.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:59 PM

All sites that offer buy-in bonuses have stipulations
before you can cash it out, and sometimes before
it is even credited to your account.

In other words, if UB normally requires the player
to play 5X the dollar amount of bonus in raked hands:
500 raked hands for $100 bonus...Then they just
require 1000 raked hands for $200 bonus.

Im not sure if UB credits it immediately after deposit (
UB actually requires a certain # of UB points to be
met, which can somehow be translated to raked hands)
or until all required hands are played.

Assuming UB does the latter like all the other sites,
they can easily pull it off...Remember that many
of the players will go busted before they meet
their obligations.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:16 PM

mason,

one must earn 10 UltimatePoints per dollar to get the bonus money into actual cash, so they have a built in way of earning back some of the bonus, at least.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:36 PM

By that I mean how can UB give that much away and stay profitable? I assume this bonus won't last very long

propoker has ongoing 100%-250% deposit bonuses, and they are still in business.

p.s. thx for last night, it was fun. don't worry about the doorknob, i'll have it replaced
Old 07-21-2003, 03:59 PM

God darnit Granny, Not only are you using Mason in all kind of different obscure ways, but you have to make us all feel sick by posting it here!

While I was vomitting from imagening what you two were doing, I got my eyes back on the screen with 1 sec left on my turn to act, seeing AA , I clicked the first button I could reach which was call, so a Maniac limps with 2,9 off and beat me hitting 2 pairs on the River with the Havanabanana, and the Universe is also out of order I have played 73 hands current session 17% flops seen (at least 10% under average)and 1 % of pots won (10% under average)showdowns won 0% and win% if flops seen 0%

Old 07-21-2003, 04:05 PM

seeing AA , I clicked the first button I could reach which was call

i saved you money. i have not seen anyone fold 29o since the WPT started.

YOUR WELCOME!!