Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: I don\'t see any topics about ratboy\'s big laydown

laying it down preflop in a 20+2? I'm sorry, but that's a bad laydown [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
laying it down preflop in a 20+2? I'm sorry, but that's a bad laydown [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars 20+2 are slightly harder than Party's 20+2's, agreed it's not a good thing to do often at that level, but similar situations to the one that happened it's not a HUGE lay down, though it can be hard. I don't think I've ever been wrong about it (Well one time the guy had AK, and a guy behind me had AK also, where an early position had folded pocket pair to the AK's push... but other than that...).
Old 07-27-2005, 10:09 PM

Nicky faced a raise a reraise a three bet, and then action back to him.

If you heard he said, "one time". That meant he would have played exactly one hand. Pocket Aces. The Queens teased him, however he made the correct fold considering the preflop action before action got to him.

Why do you refer to him as "ratboy" because of his eyes? I think thats a bit tactless of you. Considering you do not even know Nicky.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nicky faced a raise a reraise a three bet, and then action back to him.

If you heard he said, "one time". That meant he would have played exactly one hand. Pocket Aces. The Queens teased him, however he made the correct fold considering the preflop action before action got to him.

Why do you refer to him as "ratboy" because of his eyes? I think thats a bit tactless of you. Considering you do not even know Nicky.

[/ QUOTE ]
He woulda laid down KK?

Are you sure about that? Easy for people to have AK or QQ here...
Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 PM

wtf? im confused on how people think this was some kinda tough lay down. What on earth do you think someone has when raising all in after a raise then reraise... at the very least a coinflip which is the lesser likely scenario. Folding the QQ here is not hard at all :/
Old 07-27-2005, 11:18 PM

If it was so easy and not a big deal at all, why did he announce the laydown after he made it and "swear to god" that he had it after Edog questioned him? Why did he say that he felt like his chips were freebies after the pot since he "should be broke?" Why did the announcers comment on how it made him seem professional to them? Because it wasn't an "easy" laydown. Not for the average player anyway.

I'm proud of you guys for being so on top of the game, but there's no need to continually point it out post after post. Point taken.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:10 AM

you my friend, obviously do not know phil hellmuth or,

how powerful he is.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:21 AM

OK, everyone has pointed out the same thing: That the third raise - from Goldstein - had to be a hand bigger than QQ, so it was the right lay down. Obviously, Goldstein's raise was with JJ. The first raise was 9.10 suited.
The reason it is a good fold is because there are still two players to act after you if I'm not mistaken.
All this said, didn't Goldstein make the mistake?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it was so easy and not a big deal at all, why did he announce the laydown after he made it and "swear to god" that he had it after Edog questioned him? Why did he say that he felt like his chips were freebies after the pot since he "should be broke?" Why did the announcers comment on how it made him seem professional to them? Because it wasn't an "easy" laydown. Not for the average player anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
The announcers hype up alot of things in poker because to the average viewer it isn't too obvious. Did you fail to hear when erik lindgren said before calling "well lets see if you have what you're supposed to have".. meaning after 2 raises, to go all in there he'd need AA.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever seen anyone fold pocket queens pre-flop before. I've seen jacks, but not queens. I was amazed at that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off.

Ratboy? Hmmm. Nice. You definitely win points with that one! Very original!

What games are you playing where it is unusual to fold QQ to an open, a raise, and an all in, before you act, and can I play? Unless of course your regular game is a Party freeroll.

You sir are either a moran or a jopke. Take your pick.