Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Party Poker rake back & PT stats

[ QUOTE ]
Just a side question...I know I don't have that many sample hands in my PT db but could you comment on these stats?

(7942 hands 6max 5/10 party)
vp$ip:17.66
vp$ip SB:24.87
won $ WSF:42.87
bb/100 hands:2.65
went to SD:33.65
won $ at SD:56.24
PF% raise:11.02

Kinda new to PT, thanks again for the help.

FLINT

[/ QUOTE ]

You're playing too tightly for 6max games (not just from the SB); even given that this is a small sample size, this appears to have resulted in Won$WSF & Won$atSD both being a little high. It can seem counterintuitive to think of anything involving "won" as being too high, but when these stats go upwards of the normal average, that generally means either that you're running insanely hot or you're leaving some money on the table by passing on smaller +EV situations.

CallMeIshmael was kind enough to compile the average stats from several winning players at 2/4 & 3/6 full. While 6max is obviously going to be different, this should at least give you a general idea of what you should be aiming for (in 6max, you basically should be playing more hands & raising more hands preflop).

Just as a disclaimer, playing a lower VPIP game will still produce good profits, particularly at relatively soft games like Party 5/10 6max, and will obviously create much less variance in your win rate. If low variance is more important to you than squeezing every dollar possible out of the game, then ignore what I said above & keep doing what you've been doing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread