Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Tens against something...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Felt like my opponent had a KK or QQ, possibly AK although less likely. Is making it 3 to go with TT preflop +EV?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Tens against something...

I say "less likely" because when the A comes on the flop, I think it's one less A my opponent had to make AK preflop, even though AK is more likely than say KK or QQ alone.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:39 PM

i think this was a good line.
Preflop the 3 bet is good I get scared with TT and usually just CC but it's something I'm working on. When that ace hits the flop I'm becomming a big baby because most raises are strong aces or pocket pairs bigger than yours. If he's a reasonable player the only hands you can put him on that your still ahead of is KJs (maybe), KQs, everythig else seems like it hit that flop or had you from the start. Fold to 3 bet is good.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:43 PM

Do you have a read on your opponent?

BTW I think given the action the flop can be peeled.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a read on your opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Over the 50 hands or so I've played at this table so far, he has been conservative. A few preflop raises. He probably raises good hands, but I don't know if its only tier 1 hands or possibly tier 1 and 2. 50 hands isn't much to draw a solid read on. So I think my fold was good, but wanted some outside opinions. TT and JJ are two hands I'm trying to improve my play on.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:48 PM

You can probably just fold this flop then. Other then something like K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you're not ahead of that much of his range after he bets this flop.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can probably just fold this flop then. Other then something like K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you're not ahead of that much of his range after he bets this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he was a maniac. There's a guy at another table I'm at who has played a good 90 of 100 hands with plenty of greasy raises. Do you close your eyes and push back or call down?