Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Software you would pay for....

I'm in the process of trying to get a little money together to fund the development of some poker tools. Anything from Poker Tracker, Poker Prophecy, Poker Edge, Poker Office, to Poker Academy Pro, and so on. Obviously we don't want to duplicate the functionality of the great programs that already exist, since that would be pointless, but we'd like to create new software that people would actually use.

For anyone familiar with software development, the idea is to build a set of common poker-related libraries that make it easy for us to build the rest of the applications. (And in fact, we some of these libraries already written).

I've seen numerous posts like <a href="http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=software&Number=29 57035&Forum=f31&Words="i%20would%20pay"&am p;Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2957035&S earch=true&where=bodysub&Name=&dateran ge=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=&a mp;oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2957035">this one</a> that talk about software people would pay for, both here and on other sites.

My idea is to take some of the simplier ideas and turn them into reality, then use any proceeds to develop the bigger and better applications.

I'm going to try to gather some of these ideas from the places I've seen then, but my thought was I would create this thread as a point to collect any ideas that people had that they wanted to share but hadn't expressed yet, or they may have already shared somewhere that I might not see them.

I don't want to make promises I can't keep, so I'm not going to make a promise this early in the planning stages, but my intention is also to try set up some sort of profit sharing with anyone who makes suggestions which turn into profitable software.

Also, as a footnote, obviously I'm doing this to make money, but my real goal is to get away from some of the mind numbingly boring projects that my company works on now and work on things that are interesting to me (and the other poker players on my team). I'm sure there are other people out there that feel the same way and also have software development skills and a love of poker, so if you're interested in joining the team, feel free to let me know. Also of course if there's anyone interested in funding the work, feel free to let me know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you have thoughts or ideas you'd like to discuss privately you can feel free to mail me at pokerdev@jpevans.com and last but not least, if you want, you can check out my company's website at http://www.jpevans.com/ but there's really nothing interesting there.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Software you would pay for....

Sorry for the horrible formatting. I assumed that was just displaying that way on my screen and would fix itself when I posted. Dunno why it did that. I don't think any of my other posts have done that... and of course I didn't go look at it until after the time to edit it expired.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:28 PM

Kill this post. Start another. Use <www.tinyurl.com> for your link formatting.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:07 PM

i'd perfer ppl just us the forum's instant ubb codes for url's. u can see where u r going and have the link say what u want. this guy tried to use html codes which don't work on the forum. also preview ur posts. if it doesn't look good there, it won't look good when u post it.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:40 PM

Is there actually a way for me to kill this thread or does
a moderator have to do it?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:45 PM

Start a new one, then post here that the converstation has moved. Link the new post in the advisory post and use a new subject line for the post as well -- something like, *Topic Moved, Go Here*