Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 10:59 AM

Default AA vs ??

Okay, the villain is a Loose Passive Aggressive.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 :#A500AF(Villain)/ caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>

Flop is routine. With the villain capping the flop, I'm thinking high pocket pair.

When he doesn't raise after the flop, I'm thinking something else besides pocket kings.

When he raises me on the turn, I'm going "Oh, sh*t, maybe he has pocket K's and slowed played them. But I have trouble backing down with pocket A's. I probably should have called after the first raise.

River, I'll probably should just check/call with the pot so big (my choice) or maybe even check/fold.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: AA vs ??

With a cap pf, the king hitting, and raising the turn with a blank it looks like he has a good hand. I'd call down after the turn raise when it is heads up. If you have him beat, he is bluffing, so let him keep bluffing. If he has you beat you have 2 outs. Definately see a showdown.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:15 AM

Yes you should just have called his first raise.

But since you didn't you just check-call and hope he has something you can beat.
You just can't fold in a pot as big as this when he can have AK.
He may as well have overplayed QQ, KQ or 99. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 11:17 AM

hi
given the pf action and description of villian, i can't see him with a 6 in his hand. so you are behind exactly KK. given that he's aggressive post-flop, maybe he's overplaying another big pp or AK.

on the river, you're behind KK and JJ. i'd bet and call a raise. or, if he's not REALLY aggressive, i'd check call the river. in fact, i might bet and call a raise either way.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM

This is a step out on a limb, and this doesn't happen much, but I've seen a few LPA's play any PP preflop like this guy did. What gets me his he waits until the turn to wake up. This guy must have slowplayed his KK or (here is the limb) caught a set of 2's. I ran into a similer hand where Villan had 33 turned a 3 for a set, he played preflop/flop the same as your guy and woke up on the turn. Again not likely but it's hard to put this guy on one distinct hand.