Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: 10/20 6max: slowing down - AQo

[ QUOTE ]
Flop checkraise? He raises from the button, or am I misunderstanding something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you're right. I didn't read my own hand right :P I still dont like his raise though.

Surf
Old 07-27-2005, 11:24 AM

What about the button's 3-bet with A10off? His stats seem too tight to me to 3-bet A10off, unless he has Surf pegged as too loose, too aggressive preflop maybe a 35/25 or something. Depending on what Surf's stats look like, as well as if I think Surf respects my raises, I lean towards folding A10off to a raise, although open raising 100% of the time...my stats are 27/18. Am I way off here by folding A10off to a solid players raise?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the button's 3-bet with A10off? His stats seem too tight to me to 3-bet A10off, unless he has Surf pegged as too loose, too aggressive preflop maybe a 35/25 or something. Depending on what Surf's stats look like, as well as if I think Surf respects my raises, I lean towards folding A10off to a raise, although open raising 100% of the time...my stats are 27/18. Am I way off here by folding A10off to a solid players raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll raise down to A7-A6o, A3s, 33 and higher, nearly any 2 broadway, many suited connectors...my hand range from the CO is pretty wide. If he's got stats on me they might make me look a little lAG though this session...i'll often 3bet a CO raise with AT from the button, when I am confident that his stealing range is very wide. Against someone like me I might muck it.

Surf
Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 PM

PF: Interesting idea with the cap against a thinking TAG player. His 3-betting range is pretty damn wide if you knows you're an aggressive blind stealer. Likewise you have a nice equity edge with the SB overcaller. I may need to try this more often.

Flop looks fine after SB folds with two bets to him. If button is raising with a QQ/KK type hand, then let him keep betting it, hence the turn is good as well.

Only change I'd make is perhaps a river donk bet. KK/QQ are going to check this through too often that you'll lose a bet when you're ahead. Likewise, there's a chance AK might just call instead of raise, fearing a 3-bet from a slowplayed JJ/AA. Sets and AJ obviously raise, but I think that risk may be worthwhile to ensure a bet gets in on the river.