Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 09:24 AM

Default how about this line?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

i was thinking about betting the river, but i couldn't think of a hand that was beat but still call me here, as the villain looked like he busted his flush draw as well
Old 07-27-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: how about this line?

Seems like a bet is worth it here. You are 4 handed, so your opponent probably thinks you are on a weaker hand than what you have since you slowed down on the flop. He may have 67, and would call his pair, he may also have a 3 or 5. He may also have 89. 4 handed, some people really play hard with a pair of anything.

You should have considered 4 betting the flop as well, especially with the flush draw. If you are check-raised on turn, you can consider yourself officially behind.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 AM

well, noone is answering, so this won't hurt.

my read on the SB was a pretty bad player. way too loose, way too bluffy post-flop. he turned over K2o with the king of clubs. i can't help but wonder if he'd call me on the river though
Old 07-27-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, noone is answering, so this won't hurt.

my read on the SB was a pretty bad player. way too loose, way too bluffy post-flop. he turned over K2o with the king of clubs. i can't help but wonder if he'd call me on the river though

[/ QUOTE ]

If too loose is your read definitely bet river with all marginal hands. This is a value bet dream. If he has nothing and folds, that is just results oriented. By your read, he would call many weaker hands.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:54 AM

With your read no need to slow down to the flop 3 bet. You could cap the flop or raise the turn. I would probably put it in on the flop in case you are behind when you have the most equity to catch up (i.e. just calling if he leads the turn with a bad card). He will call the river with a lot of pairs or Ace-high.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:57 AM

I'd cap the flop.

On the turn, if checked to me I bet and if check/raised, call, then call river UI. If bet to me on the turn, I call and call the river UI.

EDIT: after just reading the player read, I changed fold the river UI, to call the river UI.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:58 AM

Preflop I'd say is marginal but if UTG plays tons of garbage then fine.
Cap the flop. Monster hand, monster draw, lots of value.
Definetly bet the river.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:03 AM

oops, I just saw this was 4 handed. So I suppose i don't have any problem with preflop. I think that makes an even stronger case for capping the flop and betting the river though.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:34 PM

Cap the flop. Only start worrying if he raises the turn.

The way the hand played out, you must bet the river.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:51 PM

I like a flop cap. Especially given player read. When a player like that checks the river, I bet. It reaks of busted draw.