Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 10:30 AM

Default 88 amd he chekc raises me

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???
Old 07-27-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: 88 amd he chekc raises me

there isn't much that he could have, if you call down from here it's hoping that he has a lower PP which our pot odds do not justify. if we're behind we have 2 outs.

fold.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:36 AM

You missed a raise PF. I think you can call the c/r and check/fold the turn UI or fold the flop. Either option seems fine to me.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:36 AM

Raise pre-flop.

Fold to the flop check/raise: pot is small and you're likely beat.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You missed a raise PF. I think you can call the c/r and check/fold the turn UI or fold the flop. Either option seems fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're going to c/f the turn then I don't see how calling the flop is worth it with 2 outs and no backdoor draws.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we're going to c/f the turn then I don't see how calling the flop is worth it with 2 outs and no backdoor draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is the possibility that we'll get checked to on the turn and also get to see the river for a total of 3SBs not worth a call here?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is the possibility that we'll get checked to on the turn and also get to see the river for a total of 3SBs not worth a call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we get checked to on the turn about 5% of the time, and I'm being generous.

Not to say I don't hate a call on the flop, but not for the reason to hope to get checked to on the turn.

A better reason for the flop call would be for table image...you don't want to come across as a player that will fold to flop raises for 1 more small bet. Even this isn't worth much, especially in online play, so I still think folding the flop is better in such a small pot.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 AM

I don't think there is a flop call. It's a tiny pot. Even if BB is bluffing he probably has 6 outs. Unless there is a read he bluffs a ton and you are willing to call down, I think it is an easy fold. The turn will be bet 95% of the time. If it isn't I would bet again if I got that far, making the turn bet the last money I put in. But mostly I think the pot is way too small to worry about getting outplayed.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:50 AM

table image:

I've been mulling this table image issue over...

I think folding here is GOOD for your table image (on the flop I mean)... players will begin to think they can fold you for 1 more bet and be more likely to raise you...

This will allow you to make more profit on your strong hands.. and lots of times increase your pot odds for your draws.

Thoughts?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
table image:

I've been mulling this table image issue over...

I think folding here is GOOD for your table image (on the flop I mean)... players will begin to think they can fold you for 1 more bet and be more likely to raise you...

This will allow you to make more profit on your strong hands.. and lots of times increase your pot odds for your draws.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

against observant opponents it could work both ways...but like I said in my previous post, I don't think it makes much difference in an online game because a lot of players aren't even paying much attention