Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 04:51 AM

Default maniac, call or raise revised....

Maniac is UTG+1 with full stack. Very often he has bet big pre-flop and pushes post flop. This time he raises pre flop to 15xBB, folds to you with AA. Raise or call his bet and why?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: maniac, call or raise revised....

u have aa in middle position. sorry if info wasn't enough.
dR
Old 07-27-2005, 05:21 AM

I reraise here more often than not, because maniacs who opened for 15xBB hate folding, I would probably reraise to something around 40xBB.
If he is total maniac who always fire 3barrels if not raised I would call... but total maniacs are pretty rare these days.
Maybe I can tell you more if you PM me maniacs name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best wishes
Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 AM

The maniacs name is "Whassup". I am not sure if he was on tilt though. Do you raise here to try to get in a one on one situation with him? I was thinking a call and let him bet into me on flop.

dR
Old 07-27-2005, 05:51 AM

Unfortunately I dont know this one (which is very good information for me because I thought I know all the maniacs at Paradise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).
Stack sizes are important here. If you are in middle position you dont want to somebody with pp to call 15xBB and people are fast to do it because they know that doubling up through the maniac wont be too difficult. So if stacksizes are somewhere around 200$ or more you definitely should reraie here.
Reraising erns you like 30BB preflop and kick out other people who might have a wish to take maniacs money. The problem is that you may not win so much after the flop like after calling but I think that benefits of reraise outweigh it.
Interesting problem is how to play this after flop. Of course you are not folding to anything. I think good line against most maniacs is bet like 1/2pot (or little less) whatever comes and then check the turn. Most maniacs will sense weakness and bluff big on the river.

Best wishes