Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2003, 01:51 AM

Default Collusion at The Poker Club

After playing on other sites I just today started playing at thepokerclub.com, mainly to get the deposit bonus. I'll spare you the details, but at the first table I sat down at two players were playing in a manner that was VERY SUSPICIOUS.

I left the table and contacted customer support, but wanted to know if anyone here has suspected a lot of collusion at thepokerclub, or any other site for that matter.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Collusion at The Poker Club

i've played at several sites, never higher than 5/10, and only twice have i ever been suspicious of my opponents' play. both times, they were so flagrantly obvious about it that it wasn't even giving them an advantage.

they would do stuff like take it to four bets on every street, and whenever the other players all folded, they would just fold it on the river for one bet.

rather than tell site management about it, i just tightened up like you would in any loose-aggressive game and did quite well. the cheaters, mind you, had to rebuy a couple of times, as the whole table just learned not to respect their raises anymore.

i can't really tell you about collusion at the higher limits, but if you're only at the site for the bonus i suspect you can do without it. from what i recall of pokerclub, their low limit games are extremely loose and feature a decent number of maniacs, so you may want to see if these guys actually play together frequently before getting too suspicious.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:45 PM

I was a regular player at the Poker Club last year, but have played only sparingly there during this year. First of all, let me say that The Poker Club has some of the best games on the web. I have seen all types of players. Last year I suspected a few times that players might be colluding, but quickly came to realize that in almost all of the cases the players were just horrendous. I played a couple thousands of hours there and probably only left a game twice due to suspect play.

With that said, I have not played there much during the last couple of months; however, many of the players are regulars so they might just be battling each other.

Customer support at the Poker Club is excellent, so I suspect your request should be taken seriously.

Whenever in doubt, always leave the game and go find a game somewhere else. That's what makes the Internet so great. Contact customer support. But I wouldn't never play at THe POker Club for one bad experience. Since they are so small, if colluding was happening, it won't be happening very long because it is relatively easy for management to spot, especially at the smaller sites.

Best of luck! Matthew Hilger
Old 07-17-2003, 06:26 PM

lunchmeat, my account was disabled at thepokerclub (by Patricia Murphy w/cash remaining and still unpaid) for threatening to tell the TRUTH in the chat-boxes. Players colluding would be the least of my worries...owner's colluding (see my prev. posts) on depositor monies would be my utmost concern.

Thepokerclub is nearly a ghost-town and growing ghostlier by the minute, like someone threw a stinkbomb in there.
Why not stick to the legit sites that don't re-neg on $1,000,000 debts?
Old 07-17-2003, 06:28 PM

oh good lord..

you back again?!?

Old 07-17-2003, 06:31 PM

Default lol

lol. just keepin the facts strait, Granny.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Re: lol

poor patricia

Old 07-17-2003, 06:39 PM

Jesus granny put a lid on it already. Just come out and admit you climax at the possibility of online poker expanding. I wish you would do something to get yourself banned.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:48 PM

wow, that was some flame.

i don't think anyone has ever said such nasty things to me.

please apologize

Old 07-17-2003, 06:50 PM

Granny you want a peice of laqueefa? I am only 30.00 per half hour