Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Limping with AA?

LAG or 2 on my right and a few people who will fold to a 3-bet/ Cap even after investing 1. I have to know the Lags will bet and that the people on my left may not Cold Call my raise.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 PM

Do you try to play shorthanded with AA? I'm usually trying to build a pot. I'd prefer the opposite situation to what you describe -- LAGs on my left who will raise so that I can reraise and trap the field for extra bets.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:09 PM

I'd prefer AA 2 or 3 handed in a pot with a lot of dead money from people who may not have contributed at all over 6 or 7 handed in a huge pot where everyone and their mother has odds to draw out on me.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:13 PM

OK, good point. I'll take the huge pot but I guess I just love variance. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When, if ever, is it ok to limp with AA? Folded to you in CO? In the BB with one caller?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, if the blinds are tight, or from earlier position on a very tight table like is not that uncommon at Party 1/2. You decide if you want to risk only making 1.5 SB with your AA or take a chance on making more. You could, of course, lose the whole hand doing this.

If you get raised, then definately reraise. Slowplay time is over. I've seen guys limp with AA, get raised, and then not reraise. That is a bonehead play methinks.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless they are one of those people that raises every pot when it comes to them raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love those people. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Where I come from, we call them raise-monkeys.

The only time to limp-trap with AA is when playing in an extremely tight game like Absolute 1/2.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen guys limp with AA, get raised, and then not reraise. That is a bonehead play methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this once with KK - sort of. I had quickly developed a stealing reputation with some really hot cards, and I raised KK from the button only to be 3-bet by the BB. I put him on a resteal, so I just called for deception. Turned out he had KK too, so my read was a little off and the whole hand turned out pretty whacked.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:11 PM

Does anyone think that it is ever correct to limp AA on the button first in with tight blinds? Personally I think that kind of logic is crazy. When an unknown limps on the button when I am in the blinds I am inclined to place him with a stronger hand than if he raised precisely because this kind of donk play is so popular among some players. When you raise first in in late position, the last thing the blinds will be expecting is AA. This why you should always raise if you are going to open the betting at all in LP. You need to keep the blinds guessing whether you have AA or 32o.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:25 PM

The only time I ever limped with AA I was UTG and I had the clever idea of a limp-reraise play. No one raised and eventually I was outdrawn by a limper with 64o.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 PM

"4 times with AA and KK in 2 hours. I just cant personally see that this play is generally good value except at the tightest tables. "

Situation dictates when this is a good play and good value. If there are a couple guys to my right who are raise monkeys(LAG). I love to limp and jam it if there is a raise. Suckouts will happen in either case in Micro limits. If someone will call 3 bets after a limp raise why wouldn't they call two bets from an early raiser.

I late position, just jam it.