Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: By U.S. standards are you right or left of center
Left 17 40.48%
Right 15 35.71%
middle of the road baby 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Habitual Stallers Deserve To Be Insulted And Reprimanded

Nice talking with you too, Smoothcall.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently you've never played in a real tournament before then...which actually wouldn't surprise me

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that people like you with weak positions must revert to insults. Stick to the issue or I will ask that you be suspended.

Vince
Old 07-25-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because if they do it repeatedly and consistently they're obviously doing it deliberately.

[/ QUOTE ]

And? Tournaments are time controlled events. Strategy and tactics are time based. They have to be. When planning your tournament strategy you must take time and its effect and use into accoutnt. you must use time to your advantage. I don't understand why this fact is not obvious.

vince
Old 07-25-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently you've never played in a real tournament before then...which actually wouldn't surprise me

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that people like you with weak positions must revert to insults. Stick to the issue or I will ask that you be suspended.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...pot...kettle....black. At least i make AN argument and don't just resort to 3rd grade "i'm going to tell on you" strategies that you seem to like to employ. In any case, forgive me if i find it hard to take someone who compares a forum moderator to a nazi seriously. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Trust me, you will be suspended LONG before anybody else here. (aside from smoothcall, of course)
Old 07-25-2005, 02:19 PM

Yeah smoothcall is #1 ranked on ban list but still gets insulted by the likes of you when not provoked by an insult from me. I will not repsond to you anymore. As i don't to get accused of getting into a flamewar because someone insults me for no reaosn and i try to defend myslef. have a nice life.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah smoothcall is #1 ranked on ban list but still gets insulted by the likes of you when not provoked by an insult from me. I will not repsond to you anymore. As i don't to get accused of getting into a flamewar because someone insults me for no reaosn and i try to defend myslef. have a nice life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh...so this is the infamous over-the-top, melodramatic, hyper-defensive, totally over-exaggerated smoothcall reaction i've heard about. I get it now, anybody who disagrees with your opinion is somehow insulting you and therefore it must be a flamewar....check. Interesting that you seem to do that with anyone who actually puts forth an argument for which you have no rebuttal...i'm sure it's just coincedence. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 02:30 PM

Because if they do it repeatedly and consistently they're obviously doing it deliberately.

-----------------------------------------------------------

And? Tournaments are time controlled events. Strategy and tactics are time based. They have to be. When planning your tournament strategy you must take time and its effect and use into accoutnt. you must use time to your advantage. I don't understand why this fact is not obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Vince. But stalling decision after decision, hand after hand, hour after hour, for more than a day???

Look at it this way: there are certain rules which are OK to use, or even abuse slightly. But if every one took maximum personal advantage of those rules it would COMPLETELY ruin the game.

I mean, every single player could stall every single decision until the clock is called, couldn't they? But what kind of game or tournament would that be? Two hands per hour, maybe?

So everyone has a degree of responsibility to not do things that if everyone did, the entire system would break down.

Sure, use time a little if you think you should. But don't make it the very centerpiece of your table strategy or table presence--which I know you wouldn't, but which it sounds like she did.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No iwasn't referring to the trumper one. It was the one where some woman that said the f-word and some guy on the table called her on it so she would have to sit out and get blinded down. People said the guy was a low class person to call her on the penalty. You said you would call it. And that you are playing for money and would use any advantage within the rules to give you the most ege possible(something to this effect). If so i don't see why she wasn't doing the same thing. You both will look bad using the rules but are within the rules. Thats why it surprises me you are against her here. After defending the other position as you did. I think maybe becasue she is costing you money if your at the table instead of you making money in your example. And she isn't necessaril;y costing you money. While she is stalling people are geting eliminated and that is positive ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes you are correct about the instance, and that is also a special circumstance. It is a pretty well know tourney fact that if you are a better player at the table, the more hands you polay per hour, the better it is for you. This was an instance of someone exploiting the rules, whereas the other was a one-time proper usage of a (asinine) rule. I am softening a bit on the f word rule stance I took before though. This is a game played by adults with adults around, fvuck ESPN influence. Until they are actually kicking into the player pool, they shouldn;t have little to no influence, yet they essentially run the show.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM

I said i wouldn't respond you made some very big lies here so felt the need to one more time. Your saying you didn't insult me you said "courtesy and decency something that i know nothing about?" Now please show me how this wasn't an insult. And i didn't say this was a flamewar. i said it would look like one to dynasty and he would use it as an excuse to try to ban me.

I am turning a new leaf and letting the haters spew there garbage and ignore it.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:35 PM

Of course you would respond, you can't help yourself. In any case, if you are unable to comprehend why continually and deliberately taking a long time to make decisions at a table is, at the very least, inconsiderate and rude i can only infer that you are the type of person who does not find these elements important. This is not an insult, this is a logical inference made from your very own statements. Hope that helps. (The fact that it is currently "within the rules" doesn't make it any less rude or inconsiderate)

Oh and having gone through your previous posts, it is clear that your definition of "a hater" is nothing more than someone who disagrees with your opinion. For the record, i have never had any interaction with you other than this thread and only know about you by your reputation. It just so happens that in this case, the reputation was well deserved.