Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: The \"ARMY\" theme is not a good idea

Looks like you are headed back to Party. It's just not the m.o. of Stars to do what you have requested.

Of course, if they did, I'd be in line right behind ya. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 11:09 AM

Default O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

Hey Schwartzy61,

I am not going to continue to argue these points with you after this, because it will really serve no purpose, but to get us sidetracked.

First of all, there is plenty of room for both a poker site and our "army" to get attention on a shirt and hat. No one said they had to be equal, I would suggest that the poker site would definitely get top billing and the fact that we are "O Doyles" would be more subtle, yet still recognizeable.

And this is not a "U". No one is paying dues here. People are free to do this or not. I am not employed by any poker site, nor do I wish to be. I am a customer of a poker site.

We would be a block of customers that would do a whole lot of business with a site which in turn we should deserve a discount due to the volume of business we would do with them.

Discussion over.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

Odoyle,

If the time frame is long enough, I’m in.

Just a couple of thoughts about some of the issues that have been tossed around

1. I’d wear a purple monkey suit if need be, (or an elmo mask) if that means I get a free ride to the WSOP ME. (which gets back to one of my pet peeves with poker players, gotta be “cool” above all else.)
2. I’d much rather have the buy in then the cash. Why? Because there is no way I could justify spending the cash. I have 2 young kids, and more pressing needs, BUT if it’s just a tourney buy in, then I could go.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:15 PM

Count me in as interested. Please keep us posted!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Count me in as interested. Please keep us posted!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I’d wear a purple monkey suit if need be, (or an elmo mask) if that means I get a free ride to the WSOP ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duly noted.

(Seriously, I appreciate the attitude and enthusiasm)
Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 PM

1. As previously stated I'm in - would love many omaha and stud tables if possible

2. I have never seen so many guys (an assumption of sexual identity) care so much about what their shirt may look like. Who cares? Does your shirt really influence your playing ability? Let the maketing people from the site come to their own conclusion and then, if you participate, wear the shirt - besides there are only a handfull of times you would be seen in public and other people are looking at your shirt - you have to work hard and be deliberate to look at your own shirt.

3. Everthing in life is not +EV or -EV based on cash. I would be very sad if I looked at the world that way. My kids are -EV in poker terms - high cash out, lots of time invested and I have no plans to ever get money from them. So under the EV cash theory of life you should never have kids (sorry this got put in here but I've been meaning to get this off my chest for some time).

The thrill, fun, excitement, bragging rights, family vacation ... of participating in the WSOP would be fun and always +EV if I recieved it for doing what I would be doing anyway (playing cards). Besides - for me - poker is a fun/profitable hobby that I can do at work (I own a small real estate consulting firm with very flexable hours) or at home (after the kids go to bed).
Old 07-25-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: The \"ARMY\" theme is not a good idea

[ QUOTE ]
Why I am doing this? I'm not sure. So far, from a personal financial standpoint, it has already start to cost me.

[/ QUOTE ]

50 bucks from me, if it gets worked out and I can play. Don't forget that....

And no pressure, but could you keep us abreast of how the negotiations are proceeding, either on here or by PM? Who is interested, who is not, etc.... And hey, thanks for the efforts so far. If you need to share any responsibilities, I'd be happy to help. And since I cant seem to win a hand for the past 3 weeks, time away from the tables is +EV, especially if I am going to be playing 120K hands sometime soon.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everthing in life is not +EV or -EV based on cash. I would be very sad if I looked at the world that way.

The thrill, fun, excitement, bragging rights, family vacation ... of participating in the WSOP would be fun and always +EV if I recieved it for doing what I would be doing anyway (playing cards). Besides - for me - poker is a fun/profitable hobby that I can do at work (I own a small real estate consulting firm with very flexable hours) or at home (after the kids go to bed).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mshalen for these words.

It helped me put this "experiment" I started into context and why I even took this on. There is a part of me which is actually enjoying this and if this experiment turns out to be successful you will think my wife just delivered another child. (Even though I am way too old for that.)
Old 07-25-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. As previously stated I'm in - would love many omaha and stud tables if possible

3. Everthing in life is not +EV or -EV based on cash. I would be very sad if I looked at the world that way. My kids are -EV in poker terms - high cash out, lots of time invested and I have no plans to ever get money from them. So under the EV cash theory of life you should never have kids (sorry this got put in here but I've been meaning to get this off my chest for some time).

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my thoughts on the matter.