Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Fastplaying for info

[ QUOTE ]
Given the preflop and flop action, however, BB having AK I start to discount completely

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course, that why I made the play and followed it up with a fold.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in your observations. Would you care to elaborate on each statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkraising two players here is incorrect. You're probably beat already, and if not you will probably be beat by the river. Also, suppose they just call, at least one of them is going to be thinking "If a scare card comes I will raise the turn because....." then you can end up folding the still best hand anyways? By checkraising, you're dumping money into a pot that you are not likely to win against two opponents.

Betting out is the better play if your going to the turn. The OP says he checkraised for information and information certainly has some value to it, but is it more valuable than increased pot equity? I don't think it is. I like equity better. Betting out has a much better chance of getting this pot heads up and substantially increasing my pot equity.

I lean towards check folding Because preflop actions strongly suggest 66 is already beaten.

Stu
Old 07-25-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, why do you seem to auto-put the BB on AK so easily?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. Pocket pairs come in combinations of 12 and pocket unpairs come in combinations of 32, so if his range is something like AK-AQ, AA-99, then he holds AK ~25% of the time (more probable than any other single holding).

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. From a mathematical standpoint. Given the preflop and flop action, however, BB having AK I start to discount completely, unless he is a complete donkey and is playing AK this way. After he re-raises your c/r on the flop, I'm thinking more AQ than AK, along with 88-JJ, KK-AA as the more likely holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW the 30 is aggro enough that you will see this some portion of the time.