Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Aggression

i would strongly suggest that you read "Killer Poker" by John Vorhaus. A couple of months ago i found myself playing too passively and discover that was a major problem with my game. After i read this book i found myself being far more aggressive when the situation presents itself. This book might not teach you a lot of strategy like books by sklansky but it will certainaly push you to become more aggressive. I think this book is great for players who plays too weak and passively at times. As a bonus this book cost only $15 which is pretty inexpensive and you can find it in most bookstores and on amazon. If you need some reviews on this book go to amazon.com where there is a couple of review. Hope this can be helpful and if anyone have any common on this or want to suggest other books on this topic feel free to make a post.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:24 AM

If you want to be more aggressive at the poker tables, simply pattern your personality after Tony Montana.

Someone about to raise you, just tell em " Ju raize me ju F*ckin' cock-a-roach???!!! ehhh ju stupid F*ck???"

Or if you're bluffing and the guy says, aww man you got the nuts huh?? "Hey chico, I never f*ck no one over man. Never done it, never had it comin to me. All I have in dis world are balls and my word"
Old 07-25-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This may be ignorant to say but do you think you can win a large poker tournament (500+ people) with Harrington's tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people have demonstrated that they can win large tournaments without even that much knowlege.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:45 AM

Heye even a blind bird finds a worm every once in a while...eh
Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 PM

Aggression is a by-product of making good decisions. Just make good poker plays, and the aggression will take care of itself. Buy the 2 Ciaffone books.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:28 PM

I believe in the Harrington's books but it seems that I can only just make the money of a large field or end up on the bubble.

I wish Harrington would discuss suited connectors more or how to play more hands. It seems to me that I play too few hands. Possibly I lay down suited connectors too often or KQ if I'm in early position.

Maybe I'm just not getting the cards...
Old 07-25-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to buy a hold'em book that makes me more aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try about the first 3/4 of this book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...753831-2871226

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just not getting the cards...

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of the luck or cards, you are probably missing opportunities to get more chips. Maybe you need to develop your abilities of reading, using, and controlling the dynamics of the table.