Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Poker Tracker Question

Ive downloaded the program but as most poker programs it can be very confusing.

Can anyone mention what theylook for when using this program to help improve their game?
ALso, are there any tutorials online or anything that can familarize me with the program?

Thanks for your help guys
Old 07-24-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Question

For tutorials, this one is really good.

There's also this guide you can purchase, I haven't used it myself, but I've heard good things.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:31 PM

I asked about pokertracker earlier and it seemed confusing to me. I looked around in the faq section. Also download the trial version and there is help inside there. It is very easy to use just be patient and follow the directions.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Great!

Great!
Now can you tell me if this program has any real strong benifits?
If you use it...what do you take away from it?
Thanks very much for your help!
Old 07-24-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Great!

I have used it for a very short time so I haven't had a significant improvement yet but, it provides more information that you could imagine. It tracks all types of stats on u and the other players at the table. Like I said before be patient when first learning how to upload the hand history and figuring the out. Hope it works out for you.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:50 PM

Hey, I hate to be blunt, but that program pales in comparison to the nutpokersoftware product. You add in the www and the dot com, and you will see a much better product. It only works with Party Poker though. Happy Pokering!
Old 07-24-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ive downloaded the program but as most poker programs it can be very confusing.

Can anyone mention what theylook for when using this program to help improve their game?
ALso, are there any tutorials online or anything that can familarize me with the program?

Thanks for your help guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Some key stats that you should take a look at when analyzing your play:

VP$IP (Voluntarily put money into the pot), gives a general indication of how tight/loose the player is, or how tight/loose you are. The lower the number the tighter the player. PFR% (Pre flop raise percentage), tells how passive/aggressive preflop the player is, higher percentage = more aggression. BB/100 = Big Bets per 100, how much the player is making per 100 hands in terms of the limit that player is playing at. Those are three key stats to pay attention to when new to pt. As you become more familiar with the program you will incorporate more stats, and pay attention to more, but those are the biggies.