Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 09:26 PM

Default KTs in EP and lots of questions.

Ten handed:
Hero's table image should be TAP.

Folded to hero in EP3 who limps with:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Folded to an average MP2 who raises.
Folded to slightly loose Bu who coldcalls.
Hero calls.

It's 3 players and 7.5 sb's to the Flop:

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, MP2 bets, Bu calls, and hero calls.

Hero has top pair-medium kicker, and a runner-runner straight/flush possibilities. Is it correct to c/r here while you still have runner runner possibilities or is there not enough value here?

It's 3 players and 5.25 bb's to the Turn:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Should hero c/r here "knowing" that he's most likely ahead of the Bu who hasn't put in a raise yet? If so, does hero fold to a 3 bet?

It's 3 players 8.25 bb's to the River:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Now that you're here with almost no information, is it correct to bet out and fold to a raise, or risk it being checked through?
Old 07-24-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: KTs in EP and lots of questions.

[ QUOTE ]
Ten handed:
Hero's table image should be TAP.

Folded to hero in EP3 who limps with:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Folded to an average MP2 who raises.
Folded to slightly loose Bu who coldcalls.
Hero calls.

It's 3 players and 7.5 sb's to the Flop:

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero has top pair-medium kicker, and a runner-runner straight/flush possibilities. Is it correct to c/r here while you still have runner runner possibilities or is there not enough value here?

It's 3 players and 5.25 bb's to the Turn:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Should hero c/r here "knowing" that he's most likely ahead of the Bu who hasn't put in a raise yet? If so, does hero fold to a 3 bet?

It's 3 players 8.25 bb's to the River:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Now that you're here with almost no information, is it correct to bet out and fold to a raise, or risk it being checked through?

[/ QUOTE ]

After deciding to proceed in this manner... you have to check call again... you have pretty much mucked this hand up once the flop came...

On the flop you need to take control of the hand with either a lead on the flop or a c/r of the field and lead the turn... but since you took a passive line you can not lead the end and fold to a raise... you would have to call the raise... so why not get to the end with as little invested as possible...

so you need to check call on the end b/c you haven't forced your opponents to define their hand and you haven't defined you hand as well...
Old 07-24-2005, 03:49 AM

Every thing you did i do the opposit. I raise preflop, If i limp i C/r flop (many players will ck the turn after betting the flop getting a free river)SB calls with pretty much and pair. ITs good to raise flop.

PS I love this site i cant wait to post some hands
Old 07-24-2005, 12:25 PM

Hi Net Warrior,
You didn't state the stakes although I might assume this hand was played online because of your name.

I think you need to bet the flop, and if raised by the pf raiser, call to see the turn and use your judgment from there. This line puts the most pressure on the btn, also you get more info if he cold-calls 2 on the flop. Since in this case the turn gave you no additional outs if behind, I just check & call from there against most decently aggressive players. But I actually like a river bet here because of the 9 falling which looks like you may have made your OESD, so he is unlikely to raise you.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:47 PM

I think the flop check is correct, but I think you should bet the turn
Old 07-24-2005, 06:49 PM

"Tommy can you hear me." I have a lot of respect and admiration for Tommy A., based on the fact he's been a working pro playing live poker over 15 yrs and he's an all around good guy. The fact he's musically inclined and, of course, a major Rock/Zep fan, doesn't hurt.

Hands like these scream Tommy to me and I've come to this conclusion. If you're playing live, where Tommy and others feed off of personal feedback, this line can be +EV.

When you play online, where the only size-up your senses can draw from is "he's a 52/18/2.7 guy", you play your hands differently. Aggression gets the money.

So being you didn't say if it was live or online, I'd say you can probably make money playing it either way short term, but probably not both long term. Online, check/calling down with the best hand is big time -EV.