Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Another hand from the 2+2 table last night

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't think jopke would do this against 'any' opponnent. At a 2p2 table you can get away with this, but normally it is VERY read dependant.

[/ QUOTE ]

My play was basically 50% read + 50% situation. At a normal table, I would have been long gone.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, I remember this one. This is where I put several things together. The key concept for me on this hand was fold equity. I was playing a situation. I would have played this the same postflop with any two cards. Of course, depending on this situation preflop (this situation was exceptional for me), I wouldn't enter with any two cards, but like I said: I was playing the situation.

Wanna know what I had? In white: <font color="white">I had AK - don't remember suits, but they were irrelevant postflop</font>

FWIW, I always take the 2+2 game very seriously. It's my goal to win the maximum. Up until the very end, I was playing pretty close to the max. In the last couple orbits, I was experimenting with maniacal aggression, just to see what would happen. This hand was a serious hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recognized the fact that you might be taking advantage of a situation and decided to see if I could capitalize myself.

You guys have to remember this isn't your normal everyday thing. If this was random TAG1 and random TAG2 I wouldn't have even entered the pot to begin with in a normal micro-limit game. But this is Jaran and Grunch, a few of the best and brightest we have.

I seriously believe I lost this pot because I was outplayed. I do however think I played it to the best my skill level would allow.

Sure calling down will win me a pot when I do have the best hand, and the opponent doesn't catch an out on the river. But it does nothing to maximize my profit when I have the best hand, let alone convincing someone to lay down a better one. These are skills you need to master in order to take your game to that next level.

I would also like to know what made Grunch confident enough to 3-bet there? I mean I'm not sure most ppl would be able to lay down to a 3-bet there.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:30 PM

I was certian that 'fold' was somewhere in the line you were taking on this hand, and I was hunting for the path to that fold. My image at the time -- at least in your eyes -- I think was tightest at the table, especially OOP. My aggression told you that I had something; I knew you didn't think I was betting whiffed overs. Your flop call closing the action told me you had nothing or very little. Certianly not enough to stand up to TPTK at least, more likely flopped set or big overpair. There was no way that you were showing down what you knew was a no-good hand.

The only reason I could make this play is becasue you are a good player. You were able to read me correctly (correctly for my betting pattern anyway, I tricked you), estimate you chances to win based on pot odds, and get out of a bad situation. Against normal players, even tight ones, they would just have called down with thier small pair or J with non-nut kicker, just in case.